Why I hate my 270 WSM

Off the subject and sorry to step on your post about 270WSM. Jill loves her Kimber Montana 270WSM.
Dang you must live in an area with a lot of Bob's or hunt different areas.
We have Bob's all around where I live, but don't shoot everyone. Trying to keep some balance of nature. Now Coyotes are a different story. Shoot every one we see. Bob Cats will maybe have a litter of two every several years. Coyotes have up to 6-8 in a litter a year.
Our house cat Oreo had a standoff with a young Bob last night. Kept calling Oreo to come in and it was strange because he was not coming in and it was 10:00PM. I took out our FLIR Scout III and NV -760 and started scanning our property. Found Oreo and a smaller Bob about 20' apart eyeing each other up. The Bob just sat there, and Oreo walked around it and came to my call & Whistle. Put the 223 with the NV on the Bob while Oreo walked up to the deck to come in the house. After that the Bob just walked to the back of the property.
I had a Bob Cat when I was younger. Raised it from a kit. He would come in the house just like a domestic cat. Sometimes found him sleeping in the big Oak Tree where I parked my truck. when I went into the USMC he would still sleep on my bed, my dad had a hard time getting him out of the house.
Some animals can just bond with people. We have had deer come up and eat out of our hands and still to today they walk up to our house. Have had Samson (145 Bernese Mountain dog) do nose to nose with fawns.
Nice Bucks and Bob's in AR. Hunted Coyotes & Hogs at my friend's property in Damacus, AR.

I actually HAD a 270 WSM that shot excellently on paper but it was averse to putting meat on the table or antlers on the wall……..reluctantly I sold it.
Besides and old T/C Renegade Muzzleloader it was the only gun I've ever owned that I feel had an unlucky curse……
and I have owned DOZENS…..😢

I wanted one ever since i watched Cristy Lee Cook kill everything Big enough to Die on TV. Finally found a used one in a Paun Shop and it followed me Home. After reading the Threads on LRH i had it Re-Barreled with a Douglas 26" Stainless 1-8 twist. Still doing Load Development but I expect it will out perform the new 6.8 by a Mile.

"Lets go Brandon"

Yep,
I hate mine as well.
After it took down this 200" Muley I decided it needed a rest and I retired it.
This thread has me pondering pulling it out of retirement.

IMG_1811 (1).jpg