I Hate Hammer Bullets!

It's a really bad idea to put your email or phone number on BB posts. You should edit and send it by PM.

Identity thieves, hackers of all kinds, and robobots are constantly surfing the net for your personal information.

I understand. I will give you a call when I can. Just thought email would save us both time. Thanks no apology necessary.
Email is generally good. It is what I spend most of the day doing. I get behind on them when we go hunting and sometimes miss.

We have both of those numbers on the website. So I think it is ok. I hope!
Then you know exactly what I mean. After 40 years with the same site, same email addy I ended up having to manually delete sometimes a couple of hundred spam emails daily even using very good spam filters not to mention the endless robocalls to the listed phone which was also my home number.

I've had to change cell numbers 3 different times for the same reason in just the last six years.

I truly believe mono's are the future of bullet design, not to say that people won't still make & shoot lead bullets in 15 years but I think they will be behind the times. Just my opinion. There have been huge strides in the copper bullet market in he last 10 years. I have shot a couple of animals with hammers and they preformed as advertised( by a couple i mean 2). I've also killed a couple of nice deer with badlands, Barnes & a couple of pigs last weekend with Cayuga bullets. I'm not going to compare and say one is better than the other, what I'm really hoping for is a tipped dead blow hammer that has the BC of a badlands. I couldn't think a of better hunting bullet. I also don't know squat about designing a bullet. This is just a wish, keep up the hard work Steve and think about making this bullet for me lol

Attachments

• 8F30695F-FCC2-428F-9A55-3F3E6BEF97D3.jpeg
    8F30695F-FCC2-428F-9A55-3F3E6BEF97D3.jpeg
    1,023.8 KB · Views: 76
Hey J V,

Penetration is a very interesting subject. Weight retention has a pretty big role in it, but not nearly as much as I ever thought. We have seen through impact testing that a bullet that sheds some weight will out penetrate a heavier bullet that sheds no weight. It comes down to stability. After impact all bullets start losing their rotational vel rapidly. Pretty much every bullet will upset from its path once the rotational vel slows enough to cause the retained portion to yaw or even tumble. So even though a bullet has more retained energy and momentum there is a probable chance that a shorter retained shank of less weight will actually out penetrate because it will remain point on longer keeping it in straight line penetration longer. As soon as a bullet loses stability and turns it then is no longer traveling nose forward and catches much more surface area and slows down and stops more rapidly.

Our Hammer Hunter bullets are 60% to 70% weight retention, for the most part, depending on nose length and the Shock Hammers are 75% to 85% Weight retention.
I'll give them a shot. Just ordered 150.

I truly believe mono's are the future of bullet design, not to say that people won't still make & shoot lead bullets in 15 years but I think they will be behind the times. Just my opinion. There have been huge strides in the copper bullet market in he last 10 years. I have shot a couple of animals with hammers and they preformed as advertised( by a couple i mean 2). I've also killed a couple of nice deer with badlands, Barnes & a couple of pigs last weekend with Cayuga bullets. I'm not going to compare and say one is better than the other, what I'm really hoping for is a tipped dead blow hammer that has the BC of a badlands. I couldn't think a of better hunting bullet. I also don't know squat about designing a bullet. This is just a wish, keep up the hard work Steve and think about making this bullet for me lol
You should really give the Peregrine VLR4 a try then.

Peregrine bullets seems to be out of stock on most all their product line. Are these only available from South Africa?

Peregrine bullets seems to be out of stock on most all their product line. Are these only available from South Africa?
Unless something has changed they do have a US Distributor.

You can call either direct. RSA is 8hrs ahead of us so they're already at work.

For more information please contact us on +1 (623) 800 3700 else by email [email protected] or [email protected]

I hate the price... they are about twice as expensive as what I'm willing to pay for bergers or eld-/x...
Seems as though they require a barrel twist that would make using another bullet pretty tough for the heavier for calibers in 6.5.
If I ever draw a moose tag I may try some though.

I hate the price... they are about twice as expensive as what I'm willing to pay for bergers or eld-/x...
Seems as though they require a barrel twist that would make using another bullet pretty tough for the heavier for calibers in 6.5.
If I ever draw a moose tag I may try some though.
Well that's the price we have to pay for lathe turned bullets made to precise standards. It's just a much more expensive way to manufacture bullets than regular cup and core bullets which are essentially produced in a stamping mill then poured full of hot lead or have a lead core inserted in the jacket and then the jacket is squeezed into shape around it.

The twists required to run heavy for caliber bullets though isn't a problem with cup and core bullets unless you're shooting something with paper thin, very fragile jackets.

Recent Posts