Who is your favorite hunting influencer?

Hi Folks, I recently put together this list of the best hunting influencers. It's currently a small list and I am looking to add more people to it. If you have an influencer or a blog you love, please leave a comment below and let me know. I would love to add them to the list!
Pat McManus, best outdoor humor writer ever. If you can't laugh at all of our misadventures maybe hunting isn't going to work out for you.

Hi Folks, I recently put together this list of the best hunting influencers. It's currently a small list and I am looking to add more people to it. If you have an influencer or a blog you love, please leave a comment below and let me know. I would love to add them to the list!
Does this guy count? If not then I'd have to say H. Rider Haggard and Sir Arthur Conan Doyle whose books made me dream of dark jungles and harrowing moments where I only have my wits and rifle to rely on!

Attachments

• 5BB50BF8-A80F-4C1E-A0E2-B5DFEAF87F50.jpeg
    5BB50BF8-A80F-4C1E-A0E2-B5DFEAF87F50.jpeg
    163.6 KB · Views: 76
I'm kind of in the same boat as Feenix and a couple others . My dad bought my brother and I .22's . I was about 10 or 11. We lived in the desert at the time. He took us jackrabbit hunting couple times I went with him a couple times when he'd go dove hunting with his buddies. He only did that a few times. He never hunted big game in his life. He turned bunny hugger and always criticized my hunting. When I was 18 I started hunting deer with my best friend of 40 years and other buddies. Him and I had 22's. Then we got 22 mags. Then 22-250's. Then he bought a Ruger M77 25.06. me the same in 7 mag. Started reloading at 18. At 19 we started hunting deer . Then in 1983 I started going to other states for deer, lope and elk. Deer hunting in So. Cal. Wasn't easy . 1983 was first time I hunted Wy.. I was hooked. I actually hunted with Guy Madison. Some may remember him from the series Wild Bill Hickok. He was 74. Died in 1996. He was quite a man. I googled him. Ended up finally moving here. My best friend passed away a few years ago. He only came here once in 1992. So basically we were self taught.

It seems like there needs to be some clarification over the word "influencer". Usually this word is associated with someone who uses their publicity and popularity to sell products. After reading a lot of the responses on this thread, most people on this forum are picking idols, mentors, and hunters who embody particular values. Granted, most hunters these days that make a living hunting have some sort of sponsor and often plug those sponsor's products, but it is hard for me to think of most hunters, or any hunter, as an "influencer" by the modern use of the term.

In terms of people who are expanding the public interest in hunting, literally no one comes close to Joe Rogan's day-in and day-out advocacy for hunting elk. I meet so many people in the woods these days who became hunters after listening to Rogan talk about the superiority of eating game meat. It is worth debating if this is a good thing or not, but that is a likely a discussion for another thread. Cam Hanes and Steve Rinella have benefited greatly from the increased attention of being on his shows too.

I do appreciate the constant advocacy for conservation from Rinella and Newberg. I wish more hunters used their popularity to support these values because it benefits anyone who uses public lands, not just hunters. I do like Rinella's nostalgia for the past as well, I think he does a good job of paying respect to all those who came before him, and it ensures these people are never forgotten.

Speaking of all time favorite hunters and profound conservationists, I'm surprised no one has mentioned Teddy Roosevelt. I am a western hunter, and all the national forests I get to enjoy would not be here if it wasn't for Teddy. He has quite literally had more impact on the USA hunting community than anyone, ever. I don't think anyone will be coming close to his accomplishments and stewardship anytime soon.

I was a professional climber before I became a hunter. I used to be... uhhh... the ignorant-type if you catch my drift. I don't want to get banned for saying a dirty word, so I'll let you guys guess: it begins with an "L" and lowers your IQ. About 20 years ago I had an opportunity to chat with Yvon Chouinard, the ceo of patagonia, and somehow we started talking about sourcing food and he told me he only eats game meat and that he supports hunting and conservation. And down the rabbit hole I went. It was a very unlikely and odd introduction to my current series of values, but hey, I'm here how. Its amazing how clearly you can see the world when you remove your head from your butt and wipe the poop from your eyes. Heeheehee. Now I subscribe to personal liberty, personal responsibility, guns, and the constitution all day long. Hunting and conservation too, of course.

I tend to think of most influencers today as those who are on social media, but my favorite personalities are those who make the best films. Newberg, Rinella, Remi Warren, Brian Call, Born and Raised, HushIn, and many more put our great content that is fun to watch. As much as I despise the censorship of youtube and social media, without these platforms I likely wouldn't have constant access to thousands of hours of really well-made content. Much respect for anyone hauling professional camera gear around the same mountains that kick my butt every year. I find the content very motivating.