White Marine TeX question

Is there any issue with using the white Marine TeX instead of the gray? Is there any substantial differences? I am looking to bed the action lug on my 300 rum.

123, I've read the white isn't as strong as the gray. Perhaps others can verify. I use the gray and have purchased it from several places, but never have seen the white.

Don't take this the wrong way but if you would have done the smallest search you could have found your answer. That has been discussed 24 million times.

I think the advantages of grey over white are exaggerated. The compressive strength of both is very high, but grey is higher. White has a higher adhesive strength, which may allow it to work better in thin layers. Even white has higher compressive strength than Devcon Plastic Steel, which is also a popular bedding compound. I've used Marine Tex white with no problems, other than the bright white color.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.