in the white

dud

how to protect a CM barrel left in the white?what to coat barrel so it looks like stainless.

Good luck with that. Various armies, including the U.S. Army tried that; they called it 'Armory Bright.' Soldiers simply scoured off the rust before inspection. Bare carbon steel rusts when exposed to moisture or humidity; there's really no way around that, as its a simple chemical reaction.

You can try Eezox; it's the best rust preventive I've used to date.

Consider having it zinc plated (this is possible to do it at home) else I'd think about Cerakote or similar if you really want the stainless appearance without having to buy a different barrel.

Hi, do you mean like a polished stainless or a bead blast style finish,if it's the bead blast finish you want cerakote in satin mag looks good.

since posting this i have decided against that idea and i am going to brown it like a flintlock.a good slow rust brown is very durable.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.