marine tex removal

little black 243

I just finished doing a bedding job on my savage f class rifle. I tried to use a couple new products instead of my usual materials, I was using johnson floor wax as a release agent and marine tex as the bedding agent. After I had set the barreled action in the stock with the bedding material I used q-tips and dentured alcohol to clean up the excess. Well the alcohol must have removed the wax and now I have very thin bedding material on my action I cant get off. Does anyone have any pointers on how I could get this off? and still keep the blueing on? any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

If there was any release coating between the metal and the epoxy, the above mentioned techniques should work.

If there are stubborn spots, try a drop or two of MEK or CA adhesive debonder on the stubborn places------let it set for 15 to 30 minutes, should soften the epoxy and/or creep under it enough to allow removal.

Jim

get the grinder on it be off in no time:D:D

i would try some heat and then scrap it off with a wood/plastic scraper

rb

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.