Whidden dies

TackDriv3r

I usually use Redding dies mostly for the last 20 years, would Whidden custom dies differentiate from Redding in terms of tolerance and quality for better alignment?

I have several sets of Whidden dies and all the rest are Redding Comp dies. They both do a great job, but the Whidden dies have the advantage on wildcat or non-SAAMI chambers. I did have one problem with Whidden seater plug, but they promptly changed it out. My Whidden dies are both bushing dies, but I use a .002" under mandrel to set interference fit. Redding bushings work in the Whidden.

I love my Whidden stuff and they are always easy to get a holt of :) I just had a hydroform die built and had a slight problem and Wally fixed me right up. I wild cats that i never have to check concentricity on the seater they load to .001 just about every time
All the whidden dies I have are superior to my Redding dies. You can't go wrong with Whidden in my opinion
+2

I agree, unless your doing serious competition shooting with a custom cut neck/chamber it's not worth the serious outlay of cash...for hunting their out of need, your shooting at a basketball/beach ball sized target not a BB...theirhydroform dasher due is outstanding,saves a lot of extra barrel throatsforming brass...quality is outstanding, if you need it..

Of the dies I have I do like their bushing sizer but their Micrometer seater is still second to Forster in my opinion. I have/had a mix of Lee, Hornady, Redding, Forster and Whidden. For the price I like my Hornady FL bushing dies combined with Forster seaters.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.