Whidden Dies

I Have their sizers in FL, FL bushing (depending on cartridge). Calibers: 6creed, 6BR, 6BRAI, 6.5 Creed, 338LM. Micrometer seaters are the only way to go. They have seating stems for most popular bullets. They also carry a wide variety of bushings, expander balls, and other die accessories. Dies come nicely packaged/labeled along with with whatever stem, expander you choose, appropriate shoulder bump gauge, and decapping pin retainer, incase you want to remove the expander.
Years ago, I had an issue with the first custom die I bought, in that they reamed to the small side on the neck, creating more neck tension than I wanted. I sent it back, and they fixed it in a week.
Customer service is outstanding. I usually talk to Wiley, who has been more help than I could ever imagine. All the peeps I have talked to are genuinely nice and very helpful.
They also stock a limited amount of components at reasonable prices.
They have pretty much had all the business I can send their way for the last 6 years.

I have had a little different experience with Whidden than most on this thread.I have had 2 different sets of custom dies and both had to be sent back for runout issues. I recently had a set of 300 PRC dies with the click adjustable sizing die that the die ring stripped out. I will not complain about there CS because they did fix all the issues in a timely manner but these are problems that I just never had with any of my Redding dies. I have sold all Whidden dies and now have all Redding.

I have had real good luck with my dies. I have a full length die set for my 284 Win and a 6.5x284. The dies are top notch so I plan to migrate most of my dies over.

What's your take on them? And if you have em' what rifle and caliber.

Experiences with company, and what else do you do along with the die to get consistent and better accuracy.
yes best out there love the click FL bushing die with my 6.5 PRC and my 300 win and the 6mm benchrest rifle the sinclair mic in line seater with the arbor press

They had a 7 saum seating die in stock. I just bought it to test out. I love Redding dies but I've heard great things about Whidden

What's your take on them? And if you have em' what rifle and caliber.

Experiences with company, and what else do you do along with the die to get consistent and better accuracy.
I've got some on order. I took a chance & having custom dies built on just reamer prints while waiting for rifle to be built. I'll eventually have all custom Whidden dies built off fire formed cases for my precision rifles.

I have bought them both ways, and have not seen a difference, other than the neck tension issue I mentioned earlier.
The more information you give them, the better they can build your dies. they are also willing to tweak them to your special requirements.
For what it is worth, my reamers/dies are SAAMI, ex. free bore and neck diameter, unless it is a true wildcat..
They have done a good job on all.

I bought the bushing dye and adjustable seater dye for my 6.5x284. I found them to be comparable in quality, and produce the same results as my Redding Competition Dye set. The adjustable lock ring on the Whidden
Sizing dye is a nice feature.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.