Which three must have calibers.

22 WMR
easy and inexpensive to shoot, teaching, practicing, brings lunch in, (squirrel & rabbit)
most small, medium and semi-large. Good placement, small meat loss
338LM
large game, dangerous and ELR. It's just fun to shoot.

All the choices i've been seeing are great.

As we're covering "medium" to "large" game, and many people have included the .22 RF, I feel the need to modify my choice (not plural)....with qualifications!

A 22 RF with a "can" and 60 grain sub-sonic bullets..... for use at night when "illegally" hunting medium to large game! :D

Now....I'm up to two (2) cartridges. :) memtb

I am from Newfoundland Canada and we get either a bear ,caribou or moose tag almost every year depending on area applied for...I only use a 270 win or 270 wsm. This calibre is all that is needed in a 145 to 150 grain bullet. I have shot animals out to 800 yds no problem with this calibre, you can have your overpowered mule kicking 300s and whatever, but I will be sticking with what I know works best for me...jmo

I hope my wife doesn't read 3 rifles is all a guy needs . She has more than 3 pairs of shoes , I'm just saying

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.