Which stock do you prefer?

G

Hi, new to the board. I'm looking into building a rifle based on the Winchester Model 70 Classic action and was wanting your opinions (pros & cons) of both McMillan A-3 and H-S Precision Tactical/Long Range.

Thanks in advance,
RDM

Brent, I hope that you are going to get a different color or you will scare all those poor animals to DEATH
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

Yep!!
grin.gif
grin.gif
That's pretty sad, it would be alright with some green and rust color, but the flamming red isn't liable to get lost easily.
grin.gif
grin.gif

rdm, They both make excellent stocks, but McMillan would suggest to have it bedded, although you might not have to, HS stocks DO NOT have to be bedded contrary to what alot of people think"My god how can this shoot good, there's no bedding compound in here" If you e-mail me I'll tell you what kind of groups I get with my factory 6mmRem. Just torque your guard screws to 65inlbs and your set. The only Tactical stock they make for a Win. is the PST37A/F, short action, and the 38 for long, order with or without adjustable LOP & cheekpiece, the forearm looks like my M24 stock, which I really like. Call Brad @1-605-341-3006 for a catalog if you need one.
wink.gif
Jay

Warning! This thread is more than 22 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.