Which would you choose?

I've had, no Problem's with, "Belts" on the .270 Wby Mag or, 7 MM RM in MANY, Hundreds of Rounds, shot thru them !
I wore the Barrel out of, my Mk V, .270 Wby at, 950 ish rounds and got, a Lot of, Muley's and Antelope at, some long Ranges for, "the Day", aka, Pre- Range finder days, with both of, them.
I'm sure glad that, the Bolt is on, the wrong side of that, sweet lookin' used, Seekin's rifle, as I just gave away my .270 WSM to my 14 y/o grandson and was thinking that, I might "need",.. a replacement Rifle and it was, tempting

Last edited:
Well I am curious now, so have a question.
When someone pretends to be the only smart person around, thinks they are always right, and are extremely arrogant, is it only me that assumes they probably don't know diddly, so they act like that?

Last edited:
Well I am curious now, so have a question.
When someone pretends to be the only smart person around, thinks they are always right, and is extremely arrogant, is it only me that assumes they probably don't know diddly, so they act like that?
Not necessarily, some are very knowledge but just enjoy trolling. The sad part is they turn a lot of people off and most of their post are ignored. That is the price you pay for arrogance.

I think one of the hard lessons in life is that sometimes you just might be wrong. Some people just cant deal with it or even consider it.

Those same people are usually incorrect, far more than they are correct to. Then they brag about all their experience. Doing something wrong 5000 times, never learning how to fix their mistakes, isn't experience, its being a moron.

I need to add something else to my never do on the internet list.

"Never suggest that old cartridge designs are becoming obsolete due to technologically replaced design specs."

It seems to make those folks who chambered their rifle before the "new" chambering feel like you are personally insulting one of their children.

Much better to encourage the next guy dumping his life savings into an ultimate rifle build to chamber in a 50-100 yr old cartridge. :eek: :cool:

Just to clarify, I'm not opposed to new cartridge designs. I'm opposed to someone telling me that I or anyone else must choose a new design over an old(er) design with no other qualification than the new design lacks a belt. The problem with frequently being right is that you begin to think that you're always right. This makes it all that much harder to deal with when someone says "no, that's wrong."

I'm also opposed to the "All knowing, I'm the guru" arrogant tone used in some posts. There are some guru's who post here, but I do not think of them as guru's because they told me they were. I think of them as gurus because their posts have consistently and humbly shown me that they are. JE (RIP) is a great example of this. I think this is one of he reasons that he is so sorely missed.

And he clearly stated 7 RM.
Seems like it always ends up at " my choice of cartridge is the only choice. Everything else is obsolete or dumb". Although most of there choices I would never own.....I never tell them how fan boy they are. They do that for us.