How do YOU afford this...

42, middle managment at a large forest company. Make around $115 a year and spend wisely. Better half has her own place, but we split food and some bills. No kids, concentrated on work for too long and now we are just getting old for it.
Don't drink other than an odd drink at special occasions, maybe 8-12 drinks a year. We eat out once a week. Our living bills are pretty low.
Don't own a pile of fancy clothes, no need for ten pairs of $100 pants, or a closet full of clothes that get swapped out monthly.
I do drive a truck I bought new, and I am a 100k miles and out guy. So I spend some money there. I really only use my personal truck for offroad/overland/exploring. Plus getting groceries. If you are going to the middle of no where 2-3 weekends a month your vehicle needs to be very reliable.
Live in a small house well below my means, others in my level with the company have 3000' houses with two car garages. I have 1300' (and still have a small gun room) But my mortage all household bills plus my truck payment/insurance only make up one paycheck a month.
Guns, I have 4 full customs and 6 semi-custom (hs prec/fierce) plus at least 20 other rifles. Most of my pricey rifles are long range plinkers, from 6.5 up to 338edge. I have some pretty nice optics on a few, but I also have a tasco from the early 80's that is really worthless but has great glass and holds zero. Not a huge collection, but I have my personal preferences that I stick to. I reload for every centerfire I own, I don't even want to know how much $$ is tied up there. Plus Labradar, good spotter, couple rangefinders. I shoot two days a week all year, in the summers its at our mens night during the week (100y) on weekend its long range plinking.
You have to decide what part of your life you want to invest in. Is it a huge house and a giant tv? A $150K wakeboard boat, snowmobiles, cars, chasing women. Or maybe its shooting. Put some priority there and Live within your means, enjoy the things you like the most.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts