which smith for a .50?

japple

Thinking about building a .50. Any of you know smiths who have done many of these with good results? Which actions and barrels are good for them? Thanks
John

Thanks Chas,

I have spoke to kirby about possibly a .338AX, I know he does alot of work on long range hunting rigs with great results. I know that he built a AR50 for himself, just don't know how much he has done with the big boys (I guess it doesn't make much difference as a bolt action rifle is a bolt action rifle). I am just kicking around ideas right now as it is the atleast the 2nd rifle on my list to have built currently. Still have to save up for the first!
thanks again
John

I think Kirby has lots of experience with the big boys ie-510 Allen Magnum and 50 BMG. I think it would be worth your while to contact him...just my 2 cents.:)

You might check out onlylongrange.com they are really good guys its a father/son outfit they are build in a 22-243 for me now. The big bores from them are very affordable. Good Luck!!!!!!!!!

I checked them out. I like the price tag for sure, not sure how well I like the stock. Have you shot them at all (the .50)?

I have not shot one yet, when we go to test out the 22-243 I might get to shoot one then not really my cup of tea maybe if we can neck one down to 22 cal then my intrest might be raised lol they have gotten good reports back from guys shooting them

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.