Looking for a smith in Texas Houston

birddog67

I have a model 700 Remington in 280 , wood stock 20' barrel I worked out on a trade rifle is in great shape , what I I want to do is rebarrel it to 280 AI like to go with Lija or Krieger , looking for a local smith to do the action trueing and then I would take care of the stock and trigger work , any ideas on smiths in the area ?

Thanks sr

I have a model 700 Remington in 280 , wood stock 20' barrel I worked out on a trade rifle is in great shape , what I I want to do is rebarrel it to 280 AI like to go with Lija or Krieger , looking for a local smith to do the action trueing and then I would take care of the stock and trigger work , any ideas on smiths in the area ?

Thanks sr

Try Aaron Roberts in Spring, TX.

Here's the link to his site.
Roberts Precision Rifles - Aaron Roberts Houston Texas Riflesmith Gunsmith

at present starting to collect toy parts for my next project a 6mmXC - Have a 591 short action looking at a Schneider barrel thinking about Red Palma target contour 30 inch weight 5 1/2 lbs or the hvy palma @ 6 1/2 lbs the 50 BMG and 338 Lapua got to me. ( not sure what twist 7.5 or 8 ). Don't need the punishment ..also any advise on a smith.. Picked up some SSI 115gr DTAC & Berger 105gr/ Match VLD's and Hybrid Target's . Like to stay in that range weight ????? Currently playing with my 6PPC past few years up to 70 gr Bergers before that my triple duce. Thanks for hearing me out and any suggestions would be nice . Brass have Peterson SRP & Lapua's