Which Scope?

Cinchy

I am hoping to upgrade the scope on my 7mm STW this week & I have narrowed the scope search down to 3, maybe 4 LOL ?
#1 I own several Vortex so I`m interested in the Viper PST gen 2 5-25X50 4moa second focal.
#2 Sig Sauer Whiskey 5 5-25X52 Milling Hunter reticle with level Plex
#3 Zeiss Conquest V4 6-24X50
#4 Nightforce in comparable magnification with illuminated reticle
There are discounts on the first 3 scopes going on right now that will net me about a $100+ bucks off all the scopes prices except the night force of coarse.
I don't want a first focal plane, so its not an option for me, but which of these would work best for normal hunting with the occasional long range gong? I really like the Sig Saur but with the level plex there is more electronics that could possibly cause problems?

I have not owned any of these scopes but I my self would git the sig whiskey 5. There is a review of the sig whiskey 5 on this forum, in the product reviews. Hope this helps.

I was in the same boat as you a few months back , the sig is a nice scope for the money but I opted out and narrowed to two. After everyone's reviews and opinions I went nightforce and am very glad I did, really happy with it. Is heavier but not to the point it's a shoulder buster. I liked the Leupold VX6HD as well but it was gonna be a two month wait and I am impatient. Lol very nice scope to look at before you decide!

I own the Zeiss you mentioned, and have owned the shv and previous vortex pst. I shoot with a friend that has the gen 2 pst and it seems about the same performance as he gen 1 with a few refinements. I have never had a sig scope but have had a kilo2000 since they came out and have been very impressed with it. I am seriously looking at pre ordering the 6.5-20x52 BDX. I don't think you will be disappointed with any of these options. I can tell you that if image quality and brightness matter to you the Zeiss is head and shoulders above the two others that I've tried. Can't speak to the Sig glass, other than my Leica 1600b has much better glass than the kilo2000. Which says literally nothing about the glass in their whiskey scopes.

Do yourself a favor and go someplace to actually get them in your hands and mess around with them, take them outside the store and look through them. Cabelas did it for me and same with field and stream on the sig .

I have a NF ATACR 5-25x56, and numerous PSTs, and one Razor. The NF is the best, but for the money, I would do the following:
Buy a SFP PST if you intend to dial the turrets.
Buy a Razor 3-15 HDLH if you want it for hunting first. I did take this long range and simply took the turret cover off and dialed like that. Excellent glass and does really well in low light conditions.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.