Which scope???

I have a new gun that is going to be my new primary hunting rig. I generally shoot out to 700-800 yards. I have two scopes. Leupold Vari-x iii 4.5x14x50 30mm with laser etched reticle. It's a john burns. Basically the pre empt to the grey bull precision hunting system. I also have a vortex viper 4-16x50 HSLR. It's on a 300 WSM. Which one are you using and why?

I have a new gun that is going to be my new primary hunting rig. I generally shoot out to 700-800 yards. I have two scopes. Leupold Vari-x iii 4.5x14x50 30mm with laser etched reticle. It's a john burns. Basically the pre empt to the grey bull precision hunting system. I also have a vortex viper 4-16x50 HSLR. It's on a 300 WSM. Which one are you using and why?

"You" are the best judge to make that decision esp when you already shoot at that range. The scopes are "literally" the same ... pick the best scope that meets your intended purpose.

Sorry, I am not currently using either one of the scopes noted but IIWY, because of "my" eye sight, I lean towards the higher magnification (as little as it may seem) for every advantage I can get.

Cheers!

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.