which rangefinder?

steeltraps

Woundering which rangefinder is should buy? Have it down to 2 chooses. I can buy a used Vector 4 from a friend for 3000 or get a new terppin 05 for 2000. The vector 4 i have hit 4007 yard without a tripod. Is a terrpin going to go that far? I plan on rebarrelling in febuary to 338 improved, and in the spring or summer i will be building a 375 cheytec. I have a place in north alabama that according to mapquest i can go to 4300 yards.

i have a busnell 1600 right now. It will 1637 on large buildings and have several hits at 1400 to 1600 on large rocks. I need something that will range 3000-4000 yards for this summer when i get my 375 cheytec built.

2+ miles you think? For target I take. Which will have many factors. A freind of mine was out and they missed a mule deer at 1800 and thought they had everything- missed, they both own world records in 1000 bench. This lr but it get to a point of...

i only hunt in alabama for whitetail deer. Have shot deer out to 702 yards with 338 lapua. I am building 375 cheytec because i LOVE shooting at rocks! I have a a hunting lease that has 360 acre flat corn feilds that i will use the 338 lapua. The 375 cheytec will be strictly for elr rock and target shooting .

Got a vectronix terrapin plrf-05 today! :) Bought it used for 1700. Took it out and played with it. 2000-3000 yards to tree lines no problem. Hit a 2 story house free handed from the truck seat at 4335 yards and repeated it 3 times . All i can say is wow!!!!! Cant wait to get it on a tripod and see what it will do. Where im at in north alabama i cant find any thing farther than 4335 yards to range yet! It will be dark in 1 hour so tomorrow i will see if i can get it to range farther!

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.