Which of your guns are really most important?

I'd be headed back to my Montana home where I've got reloading equipment and components to make a stand. My choices would be the AR10 in 6.5 Creedmoor because I've got a couple hundred rounds in hand and components to load more. The 12 gauge, semi-auto, again I've got ammo ready and can load more. My best sniper rifle would be the 6.5-284 just in case I can get em before they get too close. If it gets down to "whites of the eyeballs" they'll be eating lead from 41 magnum and 357 magnum wheel guns. But, I do miss the ones I have to leave behind!!!!

The Feds already know who has what, who buys, what, who handloads, who does'nt. Who cares?
I care. One can still buy ammo for cash in Idaho and firearms privately sans ATF in Idaho.
Jessej is exactly right about a bad fan moment. The military will hopefully be on our side and they're supporting the Constitution.

This has been an interesting thread. As a young kid, I would stand my ground if a fight was brewing. I realized that he who stands his ground often gets his face rubbed in it. Problem is I would probably still stand my ground and have all my guns instead of choosing. That way I could keep loading. If the military was not not on our side, it would not matter for long. I do not have the ability to call in an air strike. Just in case the BATFE in monitoring, I only have a bb gun and a ,22 pistol.

This has been an interesting thread. As a young kid, I would stand my ground if a fight was brewing. I realized that he who stands his ground often gets his face rubbed in it. Problem is I would probably still stand my ground and have all my guns instead of choosing. That way I could keep loading. If the military was not not on our side, it would not matter for long. I do not have the ability to call in an air strike. Just in case the BATFE in monitoring, I only have a bb gun and a ,22 pistol.
I'm close ... I've got a pellet gun and somewhere a 22

Honestly I'd like a carbine in a pistol caliber matching a sidearm. If not a AR or 308 semi auto would be fine. And a mid to long range hunting rifle with either a heavy sporter or magnum taper. I can hear the black vans swarming my block.

We had so much fun with the 5 gun thread lets play a new game. Here are the rules: You have a safe full of guns, and not a single round of ammo. You have plenty of bullets, powder, cases, and 1000 each of LRM, LR, SR, 209 and LP primers in your stash. The problem is Society has broken down overnight and you are unsafe at home. You will have to bug out to a remote location with your family in tow. You very well may have to walk a big part of the way with everything you need on both your and your wife's back. You have a wife and two small children that you will have to both protect and provide for. What do you load for and how much? Remember all the other stuff you will have to carry so what is really important to you? I would first choose a 22RF but that's against the rules, you have to load them and you don't have a lot of time.
First and foremost I would NEVER be without ammo. Right now I'm not tgt shooting in order to save the ammo I have. I would take my 22lr with the 5000 rounds I have stashed just for this situation. To play along though I would take the 5.56 because there are lots of them out there and chances of feeding it are good. I would pack my 7.62x39 upper because if we are attacked our enemies will be carrying ammo for it. The shotgun is a great choice for home defense but when your out of ammo it may become hard to feed if your on the move. I will also have a good K-Bar on my hip or a bayonet on my 556. My wife would be wearing my 9mm Sig and her shield ez.

I built a Glock compatible AR-9 carbine specifically for this situation. After loading up as much 9mm as we could reasonably carry, my personal load out would be a Glock 19 and the 9mm carbine with a lot of hi-cap mags ... still need to find a good belt and/or chest rig for the mags though. My wife would carry either a .223 AR or a 12g (that's a tough call as they both have a ton of utility) plus another Glock, and my 10 year old would take the .22lr. Not sure my 7 year old could carry much for a significant distance, maybe just the survival necessities such as a life straw, med supplies, game kit, etc.

I agree about slugs, but if you are old enough you might have some old flaschet rounds (spelling?) that I would pull out any add to the pile. Not certain if anyone would have any but us Viet Nam era guys who squirrel some away. Nothing like a 12ga. shell filled with ss arrows to clear out a room.
Except for a 20mm flechettè rocket from a helo

Just look at what happens in areas that have had this kind of strife: Somalia, Nigeria, etc. None of you will be any match for roving gangs.

I can't speak for anyone else, but I have bigger worries...
Nigeria Islamic gangs are slaughtering Christians everyday. One needs numbers and a plan to combat wild gangs.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.