which chronograph

rdeh

I am looking at getting a chronograph. Any sugestions on what brand or model to get. I don't need anything too fancy just the nuts and bolts.

nehunter, There are a number of folks who dwell here that will insist that you must have an Oehler or Mellenium or such. They are the most expensive! Personally, I have been using a Chrony Beta Master (yes, Virginia, one of the folding kind) for years and have NEVER had a problem of any kind. I know of a lot of others who use them too, and the problems with them seem to be no more numerous than with any other brand. I am by no means an expert, but mine has worked very well for me. www.shootingchrony.com
Good luck and good shooting.
Jim

I have a new-in-the-box Beta Chrony. If you're interested drop me an email.

Outside of that, I am a die-hard Oehler user & believer. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Has anyone used the Prochrono from Competition Electronics? How good are they, they cost around $100.00 and change.

I had a " old in the box" Chrony that I sent to a old folks home in Idaho to die a well deserved death ( at the hands of one of those " old folks " ) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Get what you can afford , use it , buy the next best thing when you can afford it . Give or sell the last " next best thing " but don't .......whatever you do , DON'T stop growing .

Jim B.

The cheap cronygraph has worked for me for the last 3 years as well. Once I figured out how and when to use the thing, it gives me what I want to know, velocities and thas it. It'll let you know when you find a good spread, and a bad spread. Thats all I have ever wanted it to do, and it only cost me $70. Lots of people I hear have had problems, but I have not experienced any, as of yet anyways.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.