Which Chronograph to buy??????

Just ordered this...

RSI System

I didn't get the pressure trace though..
I got the package of the Chrony and Ballistics software...

Suggest you do a search on Oehler 35P, we have gone through this a few times already.
Seems like a lot of guys who have bought other brands end up eventually getting a 35P. If you want to get into it deeper check the 43's.

for quick worl on range I use a pro chrono , for lab dev I use a HP counter with home made gate

best quality is Oehler 35P , accurate easy to sue and not really costly

good shooting

DAN TEC

I've had 2 Chrony brand chronies, both sucked! Read inaccurate!
frown.gif

I have a 35P and a 43, I love 'em. They both read the same too!
cool.gif

The only other Chrono I recommend is the CED, and the reason is, the guy that uses it and stands behind it 100% don't like crap and says it is on par with the 35, just shorter screen spacing. This can lead to inaccuracies in the single digits but it does have features the 35 does not, so...

My 2 cents...

I have the Chrony Beta model. It will provide accurate readings IF you keep the sensor unit at the full length of the cord ( to the display unit ) infront of the rifle, and IF there is adequate / direct sunlight over the electric eyes.

Now I've heard a lot of good things about the Oehler, but at under $100 for the Chrony, I'm not complaining.

I'm one of those recalcitrant shooters that always saved a buck on chronographs.

For traditional hunting applications they were OK. When I got into the LR game, my data took on a new importance. The errors and inconsistencies from the Chrony units were no longer acceptable.

I bought a Oehler 35P and life was better. I could now work under more diverse lighting and still get good data.

I shoot a 25 calibre and I promise you the smaller the calibre you work with the greater the need for the Oehler.

Save the extra dollars until you can get the Oehler and you'll never be in that market again.

Wholesales Sports, Calgary or Edmonton usually stocks them. Only one price - theirs. Not much dickering in Canada...

I have the CED by RSI, bought the chrony, ballistics software, and the optional I/R screens. The IR screens aren't necessary but at least I know that I have them if needed.

The other day I was shooting my .338 on a overcast cloudy day that was drizzling, the chrono was reading all of my bullets without error but it would not read a .223 with the regular sun screens. As for which is moe accurate between the Oehler and the CED, that would be difficult and time consuming to find out...

I've had my Oehler 35 (no printer) with the proofchannel for about 4 years and love it. No problems and I've only gone through two batteries. Still using the original screens too.

Can't go wrong with the Oehler line.

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.