Which brand of 300 win mag

You are correct the RPM is not belted. Your 264, 300 and 338 are all belted. They headspace off the belt not the shoulder.

I own a Christensen Arms Ridgeline in 300 Win Mag. I have used it for elk in Colorado and Mule deer and Antelope in Montana and it has performed flawlessly. It is extremely accurate. From a performance and price point, it an awesome rifle.
Second that^^^ .5 MOA @ 1K, brought home a dozen elk and a dozen mule deer with it. Great lightweight mountain rifle.

I have a Browning X-bolt and I don't think you can go wrong with one, especially now when they are offered with a 1-8" twist barrel, mine is older and came with a 1-10" and shoots 1/2" groups all day long.

I have a Browning X-bolt and I don't think you can go wrong with one, especially now when they are offered with a 1-8" twist barrel, mine is older and came with a 1-10" and shoots 1/2" groups all day long.
My 300 has a 1 in 10 twist shoots 130's 150's and 180's. Browning has really stepped up and is producing some very accurate off the shelf rifles.

I never fired a Browning anything in 300WM, but they are popular here "in Browning Country", of course. Tikkas have a fine reputation here too, especially the Superlite. I had a Mesa, couldn't get under 3/4", which was fine, but it felt a tad heavier than I wanted. I used a Bergara B14 Hunter in 300WM last year on cow elk. Not long range, about 100 steps. I had it skim bedded and added a Trigger Tech Special trigger. Broke it in right, and used RWS brass, Barnes 175 LRX and R23. Approx 3100 fps. Regularly get 3/4 to 1" for three at 200yds. So, for the money, I say Bergara B14 Hunter. Have a ball Pard!

The Christensen Arm Mesa is in the price range you mentioned and they are a pretty nice rifle for the money. CA does 300WM very well. Trigger Tech triggers, a brake and thread pro, great cerekote, butter with extra butter on top smooth action. The only real negative is a functional, but not ideal stock. It is a little slick and not super rigid, but useable for a hunting rifle.

There was a similar thread posted last month and so I will just copy and paste my reply to that thread as it seems to fit yours as well. He had the Savage High Country as a possibility as well.

There have been a lot of answers to your questions in this thread but no one has brought up the limitations of the platforms. It seems that some of the posters are not exactly doing you a service with their answers. I don't pretend to have all the answers but I hope I can give you some things to think about and help you with your decisions.
As far as the Bergara, I don't have experience with them but you do.(ETA: The other poster did.)

Tikka: You said you wanted a 300 WM. Unless something has changed, and it has with their twist rates going to 1:10 so maybe it has, their mag box length is very short as they did not make a true long action last time I checked. You are really limiting yourself to short bullets or really jamming the long bullets back into the case...If you are thinking about going with a short action cartridge Tikka is a great answer though. 300WSM....go for it.

Savage High Country: I was about to get one of these, but while doing the research I found that the OAL length is again limited. Not near as much as the Tikka but still limited, and with the bottom bolt release it may be harder to find magazine boxes to extend that. I will say that barrel changes are awesome and of the choices I would probably take this, if you are getting the WM. There are other Savages as well that you could look at, like the 110 Tactical. I believe it takes AICS mags at 3.850.

Browning: If you are the kind of guy who goes out and shoots 20rnds a year they are good to go. I have had multiple Browning rifles and they are very nice. I would not buy another one. I basically think that they are a throw away rifle, as unless you are friends with a gunsmith or can do it yourself with your own lathe etc the barrel replacement process is prohibitive. You might as well buy a new rifle, and finding a gunsmith to even work on them is a pain in the ***. My Brownings now sit in the safe doing nothing. A 300WM will eat a barrel in around 1200 to 1600rnds. Do the math and see how many years that will last you. That's why I said what I did in the first sentence.

If you can, I would save up and spend the money on a custom action that you can put prefit barrels on yourself. My last rifle is a Zermatt Arms Origin. I can switch bolt heads and barrels easily. Just some things to think about.