Ibex Hunt 2020 which Projectile for .300 Win Mag

300wm is more than enough caliber to take a ibex. It's not like you are hunting brown bear!!! Asking a forum what projectile to use is like asking a group of a 1000 guy what truck is better(Ford, Chevy,dodge) ? The most important thing is to use the bullet that shoots the best out of your setup that is a premium bullet and reliable. You will hear good and bad on every singe bullet on the market. My 243 loves federal soft points and kills regularly, my 6.5prc loves Hornady match and kills as well, my 300wm absolutely loves Berger 215 and has taken many animals, most of them didn't take a step, my 338 loves 210 partitions! My point is that you need to find what your gun shoots best, practice a ton, and go kill yourself a nice ibex.
I was reading through the comments looking for the Ford/Chevy analogy, and was gonna make it myself if no one else did. I believe most of the extreme views on certain things, such as Bergers in this thread, are totally based on anecdotal evidence, thus likely to be inaccurate....which can also sum up many of the shots on lost game.
I would choose the combination that works best in your specific rifle, and practice verifying your distances and wind calls. I'd rather be confident in my ability to deliver, regardless of the projectile.
I'm not a lover or hater of Berger's, but my years of observation have led me to believe that they are like the Pit Bulls of the bullet community. When any other breed of dog bites a person, the headline reads "dog bites man". But if it happens to be a Pit, it changes to "Pit bull bites man".
Every situation and animal is different and no two hits are exactly the same....even our lucky Ibex Hunter admitted that his reluctance to use Bergers was based on the concern and trending theories of others.
Just my 2 cents.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.