Which left handed 300 Win Mag?

I am looking for a new left handed 300 Win Mag. I currently have a left handed Ruger (I don't want another) and a 700 SPS Varmint (with an HS Precision stock). The three I've found online are:

Model 700™ SPS™ Synthetic Left Hand
Centerfire Rifle Lefthand - Model 700 SPS Synthetic LH - Remington Centerfire Rifles

It looks like this rifle, unlike my SPS Varmint, does not have a heavy barrel.

TIKKA T3 VARMINT
Tikka T3 Varmint

Savage Model: 116 FLHSS
Savage Arms Firearms > 116 FLHSS

Which one should I get? Is there another better option that I haven't found online? I am familiar with the Remington and Tikka, but don't know much about the Savage. I am not looking to get anything custom or expensive, just an out of the box rifle with some minimal modifications.

The purpose will be big game hunting (elk, Nilgai). I won't do much bench shooting with it, I have my 308 for that.

Also, is the 300 Win Mag the best all around cartridge for larger game?

Remmy - Why? Why not. Though the Savage is just as good and less expensive, I've been told.

Also, is the 300 Win Mag the best all around cartridge for larger game?

Hell no! Butcha gotta go one heck of a long ways to find something better.

It would be hard to go wrong with any of the three. The Tikka will probably shoot lights out right out of the box. Odds are the Remington and Savage will also shoot well. If you have the option of examining all three rifles, go with the one that fits you the best.

i don't think you can get a tikka 300 heavy barrel . i could be wrong. that leaves the choice between a std barrel 700 and savage.

I have been shooting left handed gun for over 59 years and had Rem, Savages and Rugers plus a few custom actions. In the mix there were 300,375, 7mm,6mm, 270 and 30-06. Seven years ago I got my first German Weatherby 300 and have not looked back. Have added 7mm,340 and 257. If you want a quality shooting rifle then get a Mark V Weatherby and you won't be sorry.

All the time and money spent on those others were wasted.

Thats my 2 cents.

I have been shooting left handed gun for over 59 years and had Rem, Savages and Rugers plus a few custom actions. In the mix there were 300,375, 7mm,6mm, 270 and 30-06. Seven years ago I got my first German Weatherby 300 and have not looked back. Have added 7mm,340 and 257. If you want a quality shooting rifle then get a Mark V Weatherby and you won't be sorry.

All the time and money spent on those others were wasted.

Thats my 2 cents.

That's actually a great thought, I didn't think Weatherby made left handed rifles for some reason. On their website, looks like the best bet there is a Mark V Accumark in .300 Wby. Mag. or .30-378 Wby. Mag. They have a fairly limited selection of left handed rifles. Any thoughts on this rifle? Also, I know the 30-378 can get the job done, but how does the 300 Wby Mag compare with the 300 Win Mag?

300 win mag and 300 wby side by side-wby notch better. Now the 300-378 is what I would have got if the 340 didn't come up> You can't go wrong with the 300-378 and bullets are great for reloading. My 300 shoots 210 Bergers like tack drivers.

I'd go with a Wby Mark V 340 Accumark. I have one & a Win M70 300wsm for tac. & my dad has a 300Wby. The Weatherby is a top of the line guy that everyone should have atlest one gun)

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.