Which barre should I get?

kshunter

Hi guys, I have $500 to spend on a new barrel for my savage 110. I have never bought a new aftermarket barrel and have only used factory stuff. I am going to purchase the barrel wrench, headspace gauges ect to do the swap. I would really like a pre-fit 26-28" medium contour barrel chambered in 30-06 threaded for a brake. There are so many choices I just wondered if any one could share some first hand experience with particular brands. The other question is will $500 get a descent quality barrel to do some long range work??

Hi guys, I have $500 to spend on a new barrel for my savage 110. I have never bought a new aftermarket barrel and have only used factory stuff. I am going to purchase the barrel wrench, headspace gauges ect to do the swap. I would really like a pre-fit 26-28" medium contour barrel chambered in 30-06 threaded for a brake. There are so many choices I just wondered if any one could share some first hand experience with particular brands. The other question is will $500 get a descent quality barrel to do some long range work??

You might check pacnor out.

Call Jim at northland shooters supply. He carries many savage parts including criterion and shilen barrels, as well as his own machined barrel nuts and recoil lugs. I have a light varmint barrel in 243 that shoots .3s. I just ordered a 280ai for an elk rifle build from him. Both criterion barrels. They run about $300.

Hey thanks guys for the help I was really considering a criterion barrel from Northland I may go that route I really appreciate your time. Any one know if he can thread the barrel for a Brake by chance and approximately how long does it take to get a barrel from them?

Caleb

I'm not sure if Jim threads or criterion does for brakes. He asked when I ordered mine. I believe he has some on hand but your best bet is to call him. Easiest way to get a hold of him. Great guy to chat with as well. My 280ai barrel has an estimated delivery time of 16 weeks, but like I said call and talk to him is best!

check out apache gun works. my last 2 I sent benchmark blanks and muzzle brakes six to eight weeks later and I have them back. price 175.00 or order one of his blanks

Ill have to check them out as well. Lol so many options! I will call Jim tomorrow and visit with him to start with.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts