Which annealer?

I've been using a home built induction annealer. About $220 to put together. North East Texas Tactical on youtube has instructions on building one. .

Its fast and you don't have to mess around w propane.

Search amazon for induction annealer. main unit is about $200. Electronics needed are inexpensive also. Just make sure you buy an aluminum case holder...the plastic ones can melt.

It also doubles as a bolt remover. Used it once for its original design. Works great for bolt removal.

Could always make your own induction annealer. If I didn't have an AMP I would do it, I might still just for the fun of making something:

I've built one (not using the handheld one, but a built from scratch coil and zvs and psu). It was great as a diy project if you're technical enough to figure out some things. Mine is rough, but I consider it a prototype too, I need to work on my brass feeding mechanism and a better case and layout altogether. It does work pretty well for low volumes. I need a better psu and it will speed up quite a bit.

I've been using a home built induction annealer. About $220 to put together. North East Texas Tactical on youtube has instructions on building one. .

Its fast and you don't have to mess around w propane.

Search amazon for induction annealer. main unit is about $200. Electronics needed are inexpensive also. Just make sure you buy an aluminum case holder...the plastic ones can melt.

It also doubles as a bolt remover. Used it once for its original design. Works great for bolt removal.

Yeah I've used them to remove doors off of trucks that have sat for a while.

I use the annealeez annealer. It works. Simple and I have never burned up the wheels. Been using it for about 2 or 3 years now. I also basically went to running everything on speed level 28 or 30. No splits on cases and it's made my loads more consistent. I will say I used the tempilaq stuff and it just seem to be hard to get off the brass during setup but after a while of using i knoticed that a speed of 30 to 28 basically got me what I wanted. I would say the amp is by far the best and most scientific but for 2k I'm find with what I'm doing. When I retire and my kids are done with college, then I'll buy one.

I have the latest gen Anealeez and it works great. Only down side is having to pay extra for the wheel sets for different calibers. Of course, I needed all three sets to handle all my calibers.

I've actually including annealing almost all the time when I'm loading my precision hunting calibers. I find it creates more even neck tension and with softer brass, neck trimming is far easier. And the biggie is your brass lasts way longer.

For the salt bath guys, here is an interesting read.

I just ordered an Annie. Not paying for the AMP.

I have the AMP for a few years now and had tried many other methods over the years. I can't say that I can justify the cost with the volume I reload, a few thousand rounds a year, but the ability to analyze a specific brass for a specific caliber and come up with a repeatable setting everytime I want to anneal a batch is well worth the money. I now have a notebook with about 30 different brands and calibers of brass. with the analyzed setting in it. So when I need to do a hundred or so cases, I can plug in, set up the code and have them annealed perfectly and consistently to previous batches in about 5 minutes. The consistency and time savings is worth it too me. I anneal after every firing.

I have the AMP for a few years now and had tried many other methods over the years. I can't say that I can justify the cost with the volume I reload, a few thousand rounds a year, but the ability to analyze a specific brass for a specific caliber and come up with a repeatable setting everytime I want to anneal a batch is well worth the money. I now have a notebook with about 30 different brands and calibers of brass. with the analyzed setting in it. So when I need to do a hundred or so cases, I can plug in, set up the code and have them annealed perfectly and consistently to previous batches in about 5 minutes. The consistency and time savings is worth it too me. I anneal after every firing.
I agree. I cant justify the cost with the amount that I reload these days. I know they spent a lot on R&D with the AMP but still, just imagine how much they could make by making it more affordable for the everyday guy and selling a lot more of them. Once I figure out the timing setting on the Annie, I'll be fine with it. If it ever gets here. Brass makers should start selling boxes of 51 cases for AMP owners.

I agree. I cant justify the cost with the amount that I reload these days. I know they spent a lot on R&D with the AMP but still, just imagine how much they could make by making it more affordable for the everyday guy and selling a lot more of them. Once I figure out the timing setting on the Annie, I'll be fine with it. If it ever gets here. Brass makers should start selling boxes of 51 cases for AMP owners.
I was going to purchase an Annie, it seemed as if everyone was having issues with it arriving in a timely manner. I had read some was already past the six weeks since purchasing it. That is the only thing that kept me from buying it, the expense at the time was not a great deal breaker. Let us know how it works out for you.