Where to send scope for Cerakote?

Discussion in 'Long Range Scopes and Other Optics' started by Letzgoracin301, Jan 4, 2014.

1. Letzgoracin301

Letzgoracin301 Active Member

I was hoping someone could point me in the right direction. I have a brand new silver leupold VX-2 that I got with a rifle I purchased. I would like to put it on my 35 whelen. The problem at hand is a silver scope has no business on that beautiful blue rifle. I would like to have it coated matte black, but don't want to send it to just anyone. Would like to hear your suggestions on who to send it to. Thanks for the help.

2. Garycrow

Garycrow Well-Known Member

Kampfeld Customs or Fosnaugh Customs could doubtless do it for you and do a great job. Keep in mind that they'd have to use the air cure cerakote which isn't as durable as the heat cured version. The scope won't stand up to the baking required of the heat cured version.

I'd humbly suggest that you would be much better off in the end to sell the scope on ebay then turn right around and buy an identical one in matte black for your 35 Whelen.

3. FEENIX

FEENIX Well-Known Member

Ditto!lightbulb

BTW, welcome to LRH and enjoy!

4. Letzgoracin301

I was trying to avoid eBay but they may have to be my next step. I have it on a few Facebook groups and arms list. Thanks for the help.

5. Letzgoracin301

Thanks I have been lurking around for a while. Soaking up everything I can. My girlfriend says I have a forum problem. I think its more a gun problem forums provoke!:D

6. FEENIX

FEENIX Well-Known Member

Why not here? lightbulb

7. Letzgoracin301

I was under the assumption 40 post were required to post in the classified. I'm not one to run around a forum making foolish post to up my count.

8. FEENIX

FEENIX Well-Known Member

I must have missed that minimum post count requirement ... if you go to the optics side of the ads, there's a few that are under 40 posts.