Where to purchase scopes

Longrange220

I am going to buy a scope and was wondering if anyone had a problem with Optics Planet? It appears to be an ok business but have never bought anything from them. Is there anywhere else that have better deals on Leupold scopes? Thanks in advance.

LR220, check SWFA, I know they have free shipping for most purchases and their prices are usually competitive.

I am going to buy a scope and was wondering if anyone had a problem with Optics Planet? It appears to be an ok business but have never bought anything from them. Is there anywhere else that have better deals on Leupold scopes? Thanks in advance.

Welcome to LRH and enjoy!

I have pretty good luck dealing with OP. The last scope I bought last Father's Day was $100 off plus a 10% percent discount and free shipping.

Sometimes depending on scope and model, they have a sales that are not openly advertised.

Good luck!

Ed

Lots of good places already mentioned...I like MidwayUSA myself...they've been good to me over the years.

A while back I bought a pretty expensive scope from them (Zeiss HD5 3-15x42, Z600 reticle), kept it almost 2 months, but never mounted it, then decided I wanted the version with lockable turrets and a plex reticle....they exchanged it hassle free....just asked why, I told them...and they said OK.

Try sportoptics and bearbasin I have purchased from optics planet as well also yu should always check gunbroker if you know what you are looking for you never know when they may have a lightly used at less than list.

Good luck and shoot straight

Bob

Thanks for the info. Went with OP. They had free shipping no tax. SWFA and Camera Land both matched the price but SWFA wanted shipping. Now to wait... not the fun part.

Leupold 6-18 AO LRV reticle. $549. I kept looking after for other prices and found it on a tactical scope site for $465. Oh well, its on its way.

You were right, THANKS!, contacted them price dropped! Now the wait begins.

You're quite welcome! That's one of the reasons I almost always go with them first; excellent business practice IMHO, and not many people know about their best deal guarantee ... I try to take advantage of it every time I can. :D

Cheers!

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.