Where are all the supplies going?

Feds not buying all the ammo. It's takes them 6 to 9 months to pay thier bills. Most ammo company's will only sale 25 % of what they produce to Government agencies in today's environment. All it is is a label transfer. If you notice on many 1000 round cases of ammo there has been 3 or 4 labels pasted over the 1st label. My local Super Walmart got their first rifle ammo since Dec1 2020. They got 2 boxes of 30-06 Winchester ammo and 3 100 round federal boxes of 12 GA. # 8 shot Last Friday. If you think the ammo companies are not in collusion with new start up holding companies that they themselves started I have a bridge to sale you in NewYork. MD

What do you guys think of limiting purchases to 2-3 boxes of ammo, 1 container of powder, 2 boxes of bullets, etc? I think it's a reasonable limit given the current situation. I went to a Bass Pro recently because my son had a return. We got there before they opened & it turns out there were 100+ people in line (for ammo). Long story short, I waited an hour plus and all that was left was some shotgun ammo & hollow points. Turns out they were allowing shoppers who were Club members to buy 400 rounds per caliber; half that for non-members. Does that quantity make any sense?

Why the run onreloading tools@too?
Lots of newbees outthere. I cant imagine all the democrats out tgere@that bought firearms and couldnt find ammo for them got the idea@they would make their own!
Cant imagine that dumb of people doing a respectable job of handloading.

yeah, that sounds about right to me, if you knew the interest they charge they shouldn't allow anybody else in their store they make enough off the club members. That 9.9% rate only applies to their store or internet sales from them. Anything else is 26% or higher ask me how I know, I paid it off the next day and canceled my card no thanks, capital one is the dirtiest company's out there been doing it for years

The supplies are all being bought up by panic buyers who suddenly think they need 10K primers and 20# of powder to support their 300 round a year shooting hobby. A customer who would have normally bought 200 primers and 1# of powder to last them a year, has increased the volume of components because they're worried about "supply shortages".

There is no shortage of supplies or components, only availability issues caused by customers over buying.

The supplies are all being bought up by panic buyers who suddenly think they need 10K primers and 20# of powder to support their 300 round a year shooting hobby. A customer who would have normally bought 200 primers and 1# of powder to last them a year, has increased the volume of components because they're worried about "supply shortages".

There is no shortage of supplies or components, only availability issues caused by customers over buying.
That's what they all want us to believe. If true, how come the only thing to make it out to consumers is 5.56 FMJ and 9MM FMJ and small amounts of 12ga buckshot? Where are all the 12ga, 20ga, 28ga, and .410 target loads? They have dedicated machines loading this stuff, and its pretty useless for self defense and there aren't even close to the normal amount of folks out there burning it up on clays. It is not making it to the distributors for the US civilian market. If being produced where is it going? Same with components. Only a trickle is making it to distribution. We are being lied to by someone. Winchester has a plant in Mississippi that makes nothing but rimfire cartridges. Where is all that going if it is being produced? It is not making it to distribution. You can't even buy $30/bx RF match ammo, and its all imported. The market has been dry long enough for the importers to have brought enough in to make a killing. Where is that? I may not have the sharpest pencil in class, but mine does write.

Like I said. It's all being rigged by ammo companies. It's not even getting to the old established distribution chains. When 3000 Walmart's do not have any ammo for 5 months you know it's a rigged deal. Ammo all going to new middle men companies that were set up by the ammo mfg. all you need is a name and a address for your shell / fake company. Don't even need a building Because it never leaves the ammo companies Warehouse. All goes to the new shell Fake companies. MD.

We must be really lucky in idaho. I have bought ammo several times from Walmart over the last 6 months and multiple times at other vendors locally. The amMo is there but I have seen pallets get liquidated in minutes. That was pallets of shot shells in that particular instance. No it's not there everyday but it does come in. Even the mysterious 143 eldx bullets were on midway this morning for about 5 minutes. You have to be there when the ammo is there or you don't get. I also have a large network of friends both on this site and local that watch for each other for certain items so maybe that's why I see more of it I guess.

For those that don't think it is making it out to the stores, you just have not been at the store when they put a shipment on the shelves. You have about 1.5 hours. As soon as the the 10 people there call their buddies and them their buddies it's over. I just bought the last 2 pounds of 5 cases of RL22 on Friday from my LGS. They had it off the pallet for 45 minutes and would only sell 2Lbs per customer. Crazy. They also had H1000 too, and that was gone in half an hour.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.