Where has all the RUM Brass gone?!?!?!?

I can get 50 count Noslers for $80 from the local Sportmans Warehouse. I haven't seen Remington around my area in WA for a couple years.

My local Bass Pro in East Peoria has had one bag of Remington 338 RUM brass on their shelf for a year now. Thats about all they have though…...:rolleyes:

I've been told you can neck up size 7mm ultra to the 300. From what I can tell from sammi drawings it has the same sholder angle and its the same in all other dementions except the size of the bullet diameter but I have not tried this.

Shoot long .. not in stock. I can find nosler but no remington . Been looking for about 6 or 7 months now.

You may have to buy factories and shoot them for brass. I found some 7rum through cabelas over the winter but it was out like a flash. I've bought the town out of 7rum and will probably have to steal brass from my 300rum if I need more.

Keep looking, but I'm betting most of rem's brass supply at present is dedicated to factory ammo.

Trying to locate a source of 300 RUM or second choice 338 RUM Brass. Any leads????? THANKS in advance!

I'm curious about what your actual cartridge is. Do you have a 300 and a 338 RUM or are you shooting a Wildcat?

Shoot long .. not in stock. I can find nosler but no remington . Been looking for about 6 or 7 months now.

There is a guy over on 6brass with the screen name of doubleg.He is out of Texas and builds rifles. I bought a rifle from him a few months back, and in our conversation he told me he had .300 RUM brass that he would sell. I do not recall want brand. I think Remington guilt making it, just kidding , but it sure seems like it.

I'm curious about what your actual cartridge is. Do you have a 300 and a 338 RUM or are you shooting a Wildcat?

A wildcat that I am working on. :) The 7mm RUM won't work for my application, I NEED some 300 RUM brass and don't want to spend an arm and a leg unless it's of bench rest quality.

If Shawn had some of his .338 Edge Bertram brass, I could make it work, but he is sold out as well.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.