Where has all the RUM Brass gone?!?!?!?

I'd say a bunch of it went into my reloading room. I've hoarded around a 1000 pieces in the last 6 - 7 years. The right reloading components seem to be a better investment than putting money in the stock market...

Tell us about the Wildcat.

Think of a .338 Edge with a longer neck (same OAL however, so a bit less capacity with more neck for better concentricity). That is what I am aiming for, I actually have swaged one to look at, and for a die maker and a reamer builder to use to build the reamer; and to be honest if I could get some of Shawn's .338 Edge Bertram brass (perhaps 250 or so pieces), I would be "in like flint", however the Defensive Edge website says that they are out of stock.

Kirby Allen built me an awesome 338 Allen Express (AX) on a CZ550 Safari with a HET stock, however it weights 30 lbs without optics, LOL because I choose a MTU contour barrel, when after feeling the rifle, a Medium to light Palma would have been preferred. Lesson learned.

This will be a much lighter package, and on a Remington 700 or clone action. ;) Time will tell if my dream becomes a reality. I definitely can't get anywhere without brass however. At this rate, I may have to settle for a long throated 340 WBY or a 338 RUM (preferred as I don't like belts); however even the 340 and any RUM brass is super hard to find!!!

Well, Graf and sons has 340 wby, but you are right, none of your original plans.

When I had my 300 RUM built about four years ago, I stocked up on 600 rounds of Rem brass. Now, I would like to find a couple hundred rounds of Norma. I have located and bought some for 300 Win, but find none for the RUM.

There is some on gunbroker but you are gonna pay a ridiculous price for it. It's gonna be somewhere around $3.40 a piece by the time you get it shipped to you.

Thanks, Digg. Yeah, I pretty much stay away from those folks--not that I have any problem with someone charging high prices (long live free enterprise/willing buyer-willing seller and all that sort of thing)--just that I ain't a willing buyer!

Nosler has boxes of 25 in stock for $70.

You can buy 20 round boxes of Nosler ammo loaded with 210 gr LRAB bullets for about the same price.

Nosler has boxes of 25 in stock for $70.

You can buy 20 round boxes of Nosler ammo loaded with 210 gr LRAB bullets for about the same price.

Isn't this the most ridiculous thing you've ever seen. I see the same with several different chamberings. Maybe they're intentionally trying to reduce their component brass sales. Their prices weren't this high before. In fact, i just found and bought some of the older 50 count boxes of Nosler 300 RUM brass for $80 now you have to pay that much to get 25 pieces. And here I thought $80 for 50 pieces was expensive.

I could be wrong, but I would say Nosler is cashing in on the current demand-generated shortage. I for one expect small companies and individuals to gouge (if I may use the term). But I do not expect major manufacturers or retailers to do so. We can all vote with our feet!

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.