Where are all the supplies going?

. All of it is sitting on 12 container ships moored off the coast of California. The US Government won't let them dock and unload. They have no idea when or if they will allow them to unload.
I am calling bulljive on this. Every month in our company's (completely non firearm related) S&OP meeting, we get an update from our Transportation Department. The ports on the West Coast have been F'd up for months. Covid has decimated the longshoremen, so there is no one to unload the ships, AND, there are major shortages of trucks to load containers on to ship inland. Container ships are anchored offshore, stacked up on each other waiting to get into port.

Don't know anything about the conspiracies etc. But there have been 12.4 million background checks Jan-Mar this year (3 months). That is more than ALL of 2007.
In 2020 there were 39,615,315 B.C.'s That is nearly double 2013- the last big shortage. Since the start of 2014 there have been 203.4 million checks done through NICS. These do not include (in my state anyway) anyone purchasing a firearm, that has a concealed carry permit.
IF the Government were behind this shortage, which is not the first one, they should enlist these geniuses into running things like the Post Office etc.!

Attachments

• NICS.png
    NICS.png
    267.7 KB · Views: 105
FWIW, I picked up a new pistol from Cabelas today (Kimber Camp Guard) and they offered the sell me 2 boxes of ammo with it. They have ammo in the back to sell with new gun purchases if the buyer wants it. I tend to think a lot of shops are doing something similar with ammo.

I don't need 10mm ammo, so if anybody needs some I know there's some hidden in the back at the Cabelas in the south puget sound area in WA! LOL

Last edited:
I found this interesting today. I shoot around 1000 rounds a year and I'm down to less then 1000 primers and have been on the hunt for the last 3 months and finally decide that I had to buy some of the over prices primers on gun broker but what was interesting is that I didn't get them from a individual, they came from a Sporting goods store (Four Seasons Sports Goldsboro North Carolina). So here is a business sell there product on gun broker for a 4 times the price to desperate me. :(
I did not know that. I was in the physical store about 4 weeks ago and paid $40.00 for a pound of N550. Didn't think that was too bad all things considered. I will keep your dilemma in mind if I ever think about going there again.

Some supplies of powder are coming up in stock, my small town, we have one store that carries reloading components and not a vast supply of it when things are great, but they normally have a good supply of powder. I was in yesterday afternoon and they had a lot of varieties of powder, for over two months they had nothing, I was able to score two pounds of RL16, left the third for someone else, but the price had gone up to 43.99 a pound!! They had a pound of 8133, but I have two pounds of Retumbo and did not bother with it, I was hoping to find some H4350 and Varget, but none of that was available. I now have five pounds of RL16, 1.5lbs of H4350, that should get me stable for my 6.5 Creed, if they would order some N570 and have it on hand, life would be great.

The firearms industry could yield a mighty sword. As far as gun control and manufacturing goes all they'd have to do is coordinate a little and refuse to sell to government and law enforcement entities. That's all it would take to nix a whole lot of legislation. I dont know why they don't. It seems like selling their products is in their best interest.
Other than certain websites I've not seen huge inflation from the commercial market, just a lack of product. So if they would be "stockpiling" a secret stash it seems all they'd have to do is start selling at significant markups everywhere we used to buy from. Occam's Razor applies to current events. It rarely fails.
Even more than that. People in real states need to start refusing to sell or ship anything to the traitor zones. No food or fuel to CA, NY, NJ, WA, OR, etc until they drop ALL pretense of gun control and other nonsense.

I work as a sales rep in logistics and the backlog at the Port of Los Angeles is affecting everything. I bet those Hornady Lock n Load die bushings are sitting in a container anchored off the port.
That makes a lot more sense than saying the govt won't let them unload. If I was one of these companies and needed chemicals on a ship and they were in containers at the top, I'd get a heavy lift chopper to grab them from the ship, no port needed...

But here in my reality of being a normal-ish guy working on health care projects, when I went looking for the stuff to reload primers based on well-known documents, some chemicals were just not out there. Hell, even cap gun caps were hard to find! Finally got 12,000 for around I think $50. That could theoretically make up to 6k primers. But corrosive. Strike-anywhere matches are less than $3 per 900 at local stores. Also corrosive. No big deal for bolt actions or pistols, easy to clean. No, you don't need to immerse in boiling water either... But for commercial quality primers, several of the chemicals can only be obtained from lab suppliers and in small qty which will only ship to a commercial address. Take CaSi2, for example. There's none on ebay but $130/kg from Sigma, but with shipping and tax cost $236. When you search Indiamart there are tons of sellers begging for business but it's like Alie Express, much more difficult to deal with than say Amazon. I suppose ammo mfrs could be gobbling up larger than normal quantities of these things, but that's a pretty common chemical in metallurgical industries. I did open up and clean a few hundred SP primers from 38spl cases and it's a lot of effort on small scale to do. So even if I could get all the chems and that cost was down to around say 0.6 cents each primer, labor is there...

I am calling bulljive on this. Every month in our company's (completely non firearm related) S&OP meeting, we get an update from our Transportation Department. The ports on the West Coast have been F'd up for months. Covid has decimated the longshoremen, so there is no one to unload the ships, AND, there are major shortages of trucks to load containers on to ship inland. Container ships are anchored offshore, stacked up on each other waiting to get into port.
Well, more so than the cove itself physically affecting workers in this are the unions demanding even more ridiculous concessions under the excuse of it.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.