Where are all the supplies going?

Ok boys and girls. I just left the Remington plant. Anyone want to know what the real deal is? This is what they told me, and I feel pretty good that they were being straight with me. Known these folks for a long time. They have no 12ga powder, they are missing a chemical they need to make primers, and are short on some other raw materials and components. All of it is sitting on 12 container ships moored off the coast of California. The US Government won't let them dock and unload. They have no idea when or if they will allow them to unload. I would assume there is also materials for other ammo manufacturers on these same boats since they use the same vendors a lot. This would explain a lot. Remember when Hodgdon couldn't get any powder for awhile during Obama when they pulled the same stunt and wouldn't let them unload? There was a big discussion of it with Tom at the World Championships that year. Everyone was blaming it on him.
Wow. Libturds weaseling their way into the component market. They suck.

I kind of think that stores should limit everything and spread the wealth around until things even out. I've seen people on this very forum bragging how they got 8 lbs of this and 5 lbs of that. I know hazmat and big case magnums come into play but I refuse to hose my fellow shooters and hoard. I have supplies built up over years not weeks. I did get a notice today from one store notifying me something I wanted was in stock. I didnt buy them out. And their prices only went up a dollar or two. I shoot a lot. I'm retired and have acreage, literally can shoot out of the reloading room. Realistically, with my meager stocks, will I ever shoot it all? Probably not. I know some of you are sitting on stockpiles that your grandkids will be using. Are the government hoards going to raid your house and take your stuff? Not likely unless you're doing stuff to get their attention. Slow down folks, take a deep breath, we've been here before.
Here is the problem with 1# cans of powder in many long range hunting cartridges. They are pretty much useless unless you can get more than one with the same lot#. For instance a 1# can of powder will load 73 rounds of the load I use in my RUM. Every time you change lots of powder you must work up a new load. By the time you get a load dialed in you are out of powder, and then have to start over somewhat. A little tweaking with the second pound and you may get 50-60 if you are lucky. Enough to hunt with and verify 0 but not practice. Just not cost effective. They are fine for small capacity cartridges, and great for evaluating a new setup. I tried 3 powders in my 28 before I found one it liked. Great use for 1# cans. Keeps you from buying stuff you may not end up using and wasting it.

On the dilion machines people are buying conversion kits for multiple caliber capabilities. The more calibers u load the more chances you have to make a sale. Yes u can find them on the broker that's where I bought mine from if you need anything for Dillon machines there is a dealer that works from Virginia Beach Virginia. look in the search bar for dillon reloading machines there wont be many of them there's only 2 dealers in the us for dillon one in AZ the headquarters, and this dealer in VA. Send him a email with what machine etc. you want and either one will take care of you. Just pick the one closest to you I got a square b in 9mm right off the truck direct didn't have to go thru broker to buy it. shipping was 26 dollars to Atlanta area nice guy gets the same prices as AZ but less wait time for me.

Funny it is the exact same thing they did to Tom Shepard that caused the powder shortage under Obama. Timed it to a Powder plant explosion, then wouldn't let import ships with powder unload and blamed the plant for the shortages. The plant that went down actually supplied most of its powder to the US Government. Worked the first time, and its working even better this time. 12 boats that just happen to have the stuff the country is short on to make ammo. You're right, nothing to see here, move along BAAA BAAA. My how short memories we have. And it is 12 ships that just happen to have this stuff on it.
The standard answer to people who don't believe in conspiracy theories is to call them sheep. Do you really think that the only free thinkers are the ones who are believe in conspiracy theories, and that everyone else has just had the wool pulled over their eyes and they are falling for whatever they are told?

On the dilion machines people are buying conversion kits for multiple caliber capabilities. The more calibers u load the more chances you have to make a sale. Yes u can find them on the broker that's where I bought mine from if you need anything for Dillon machines there is a dealer that works from Virginia Beach Virginia. look in the search bar for dillon reloading machines there wont be many of them there's only 2 dealers in the us for dillon one in AZ the headquarters, and this dealer in VA. Send him a email with what machine etc. you want and either one will take care of you. Just pick the one closest to you I got a square b in 9mm right off the truck direct didn't have to go thru broker to buy it. shipping was 26 dollars to Atlanta area nice guy gets the same prices as AZ but less wait time for me.
My wife bought me the Dillon RL550B 3 years ago and I just recently put it together (delayed due to back surgery). Up until that time I had not tried to buy any components. Imagine my surprise when I started looking. I used to shoots thousands of rounds a year. Rifles, revolvers, semi-autos, rimfires. In the last 3 years or so I've been to the range 3, maybe 4 times. Back problems SUCK.

The standard answer to people who don't believe in conspiracy theories is to call them sheep. Do you really think that the only free thinkers are the ones who are believe in conspiracy theories, and that everyone else has just had the wool pulled over their eyes and they are falling for whatever they are told?
It ceases to be a conspiracy theory when caught and then the same folks do it again. It becomes serial behavior. No tinfoil needed. I would have never thought of it happening again the same way. You would think they would be bright enough to think up something new... Well the excuses are so I guess that counts.

My wife bought me the Dillon RL550B 3 years ago and I just recently put it together (delayed due to back surgery). Up until that time I had not tried to buy any components. Imagine my surprise when I started looking. I used to shoots thousands of rounds a year. Rifles, revolvers, semi-autos, rimfires. In the last 3 years or so I've been to the range 3, maybe 4 times. Back problems SUCK.
Buying components with a limit of one and assembling them on a progressive loader SUCKS TOO. But in your case, not so much. Use this time to load slow with the 550 and learn the machine. No need to pound them out with limited components. You may have to play with the height of the machine for your back. Load a few and change seat height. I have to have mine on a strong mount higher than the table. for my back.

Buying components with a limit of one and assembling them on a progressive loader SUCKS TOO. But in your case, not so much. Use this time to load slow with the 550 and learn the machine. No need to pound them out with limited components. You may have to play with the height of the machine for your back. Load a few and change seat height. I have to have mine on a strong mount higher than the table. for my back.
I'll do that. Thank you. I only had one problem with the primer feed tube. The aluminum bracket on the tube itself was too low causing me to lose about 25. It's fixed now. 👍🇺🇲

I'll do that. Thank you. I only had one problem with the primer feed tube. The aluminum bracket on the tube itself was too low causing me to lose about 25. It's fixed now. 👍🇺🇲
this guy is really cool he had one on broker he called me on the phone he said I got a brand new machine set up for 9mm coming tomorrow on the delivery truck he said if u want ill sell it over the phone no fees from the broker got what I wanted cheaper nice. This is my first one heard nothing but good stuff about them. If this one works great ill get a 1050 for the rifle rounds. Moneymakers for sure every time u pull the handle its another dollar coming out the other side into a bin lol I call it my printing press for money

this guy is really cool he had one on broker he called me on the phone he said I got a brand new machine set up for 9mm coming tomorrow on the delivery truck he said if u want ill sell it over the phone no fees from the broker got what I wanted cheaper nice. This is my first one heard nothing but good stuff about them. If this one works great ill get a 1050 for the rifle rounds. Moneymakers for sure every time u pull the handle its another dollar coming out the other side into a bin lol I call it my printing press for money
Ain't that the truth. I never loaded for 9MM, could buy it for less than .22 Magnum up until a few months ago so why bother. Wish I had a 9MM kit now. I mostly use mine for bullet hoses anyway.

They are really nice to have. Haven't switched to the .45ACP yet but will soon enough.
You will want an extra toolhead and powder measure for each conversion. On my 650 I swap out the complete priming unit. Then you can convert in about 5 minutes and not have to change settings on anything. Only way to go with these things.

It ceases to be a conspiracy theory when caught and then the same folks do it again. It becomes serial behavior. No tinfoil needed. I would have never thought of it happening again the same way. You would think they would be bright enough to think up something new... Well the excuses are so I guess that counts.
I missed the part where the first conspiracy was proven.

Guess I believed the CEO of Hodgdon powders. His story never changed either.looked him dead in the eye, pretty sure he was truthful. There was actually more to it. The Feds put new restrictions on shillings delivering powders. Not sure anymore but think it was limited to one company and three ships. Dont remember the details but do remember that was what he was madness about.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts