When to worry about a Transaction on LRH?

• Thread starter Deleted member 48126
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 48126

I recently purchased a rifle on the forum in the classifieds section. The gentlemen who sold me the rifle agreed to do payments for it since it was pretty expensive. I made the 5th and final payment via paypal on OCT 30th. He replied on email that day saying he received the payment, my FFL info, and said he will let me know when it will ship. I have not heard from him since. I have tried contacting him on email, gmail chat, and through my brothers Facebook (I don't have an account). Also, he did not provide me a phone number which was ok at first since I am currently not in the U.S. Looking back at it, that was a dumb decision since my FFL (who would be holding the rifle for me until I returned back to the states) cannot contact him either. Was I scammed or am I just being impatient? I don't mind waiting, but the lack of communication/updates has me concerned. I have completed roughly 20 or so transactions on here and the transactions are always excellent. Did I let my guard down? Was I careless? Any advice would be appreciated.

Also, if I posted in the wrong section or if this is inappropriate please move/ or delete.

Ask Len or other Admin to track down user info for ya to see where that user actually sits and see if you can run them down that way.

Well the good news is that he gave me his address and he emailed me from his work computer. So I have that information. I dont want to call his work just yet since finances, firearms, and personal business are not something you want put out to your boss. Thank you for the advice and Ill got that route if I cannot contact him at work.

Good Luck! I have had good luck dealing here, and hopefully it's just a glitch. I wouldn't hesitate to to use the contacts he provided you-his choice to mix the 2 together.

I absolutely hate this. Sounds like you bought from the wrong person. Did he have any history on the Forum. I agree with HARPERC do not hesitate and use all your resources. If he is anywhere close to me please PM me the info and I will try to find him.

I don't blame you for your concern. I was nearly taken to the cleaners on Craigslist when trying to purchase a pick-up. My saving grace was when I called e-bay for the actual directions for handling an out-of-state purchase.

I absolutely hate this. Sounds like you bought from the wrong person. Did he have any history on the Forum. I agree with HARPERC do not hesitate and use all your resources. If he is anywhere close to me please PM me the info and I will try to find him.

Thanks for the help. If it comes down to that I may just request it. He is relatively close being in NW TX.

To everyone else thank you for the responses. Ill keep you posted on what happens. I have a great FFL in my home state, so they are tracking him down now. Hopefully it is just a case of him being busy with work and not enough time to ship it. I totally understand on late shipping. No big deal with that since we all have lives outside our hobby, but updates on the status is not hard to do. A simple email will suffice.

So there may be a resolution to this rifle. The gentleman who sold it to me is now in regular contact with my FFL. He provided them his FFL phone number and store location. So his physical address, work address, and gun shop all are within 10 miles of each, so that gives me relief that its not a scammer. He told my FFL that his FFL has the rifle and will ship it to them with their license and his drivers license. I am not as frustrated as I was before, but I am annoyed that this guy will not contact me. I try to remain professional and I avoid confrontation at all costs so I know my messages were polite and to the point. So I don't know why he cant send an email or message saying it shipped. Once I get the rifle, and its safe and sound at my FFL's shop then I will write a review on this gentleman in the buyer and sellers feedback section.

Glad to see it's heading in the right direction for you.

The total lack of communication skills people have in this day and age is amazing. Especially when we have world wide communication available at our fingertips...

Good Luck.

Crisis adverted, the 338 arrived at my gun shop today. Thanks everyone for keeping me sane.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.