Another Thing to Worry About

Just had a guy pull all the way into our garage with 75 yrds of signs stating PRIVATE PROPERTY ECT.
He approached Jill and said that he was from the "Adult Protective Services" Investigator. Well the pups were inside and Jil ran into the house. I let the pups inside the garage and went out to confront this person. I asked why he was on our property when there are signs at the beginning of our road. He proceeded to tell me that he was from the "Adult Protective Services" and that our bank accounts were accessed for $20K in loans and he wanted our info.
Well if you know me I asked "Politely" for the paperwork and he declined to give to me and said it was confidential. I said that my Glock was not confidential and he better get in your car because Jill is letting the pups out.
I got his license # off the vehicle and will follow up with the Sherrif tomorrow.
also called the neighbors.
Damm we have so much to worry about the way it is and now predators coming up to our house. Jill is caring just to feed the goats or take the garbage out. we live in the country. Who the **** would drive down a 200' drive just to get to our yard. Now Jill is so upset because there was an incident several years ago where someone tried to abduct her the same way off our property. Samson save her, the Sherriff was after him, but they didn't find him.
I am upset beyond belief. AAHHHGGGHHH!!!!!

Definitely glad you are both ok and didn't fall for it, and yes as mentioned before, way to many scams out there

Here is an email I received earlier, it looks legit, except we don't use BofA, so that made it obvious it was a scam. When ever we emails from the bank, we call our the bank to make sure all is OK, but we don't respond to calls, texts or emails.

Screenshot_20230526_205124_Outlook.jpg

Today was the second day and third time we had a Iowa tagged van parked along the road in our community, very rural long dirt driveways. He was questioned twice by different landowners to see if they could help and two days in a row he gave the same story of looking for someone he was supposed to buy a truck from. He was from Texas with Iowa tag but the guy he was looking (supposedly ) we have never heard of. When questioned further he speed off. The sheriff has been called twice. He was sighted again today and every neighbor came out to the road today in search mode. Great community. not sure what the guy is up to but it smells. People are crazy these days. Community is on alert.

Thanks

Buck

Definitely glad you are both ok and didn't fall for it, and yes as mentioned before, way to many scams out there

Here is an email I received earlier, it looks legit, except we don't use BofA, so that made it obvious it was a scam. When ever we emails from the bank, we call our the bank to make sure all is OK, but we don't respond to calls, texts or emails.

View attachment 465840
They can fake the email body pretty easily and embed links that will infect your device and / or accounts. The email address is the give away. Almost any big corporation would have an address going to their servers and usually have some version of the company name in it. Like [email protected]

Just had a guy pull all the way into our garage with 75 yrds of signs stating PRIVATE PROPERTY ECT.
He approached Jill and said that he was from the "Adult Protective Services" Investigator. Well the pups were inside and Jil ran into the house. I let the pups inside the garage and went out to confront this person. I asked why he was on our property when there are signs at the beginning of our road. He proceeded to tell me that he was from the "Adult Protective Services" and that our bank accounts were accessed for $20K in loans and he wanted our info.
Well if you know me I asked "Politely" for the paperwork and he declined to give to me and said it was confidential. I said that my Glock was not confidential and he better get in your car because Jill is letting the pups out.
I got his license # off the vehicle and will follow up with the Sherrif tomorrow.
also called the neighbors.
Damm we have so much to worry about the way it is and now predators coming up to our house. Jill is caring just to feed the goats or take the garbage out. we live in the country. Who the **** would drive down a 200' drive just to get to our yard. Now Jill is so upset because there was an incident several years ago where someone tried to abduct her the same way off our property. Samson save her, the Sherriff was after him, but they didn't find him.
I am upset beyond belief. AAHHHGGGHHH!!!!!
Yep, that's not good. Take a photo of the guys face every time they try that stuff, even if the guy might be on the upNup. If he's up to no good, more than likely, his rig is stolen or the license plates or both. Does zero good, to give 5-0 the numbers off stolen plates. Show them his face photo, they might be looking for the guy. If He was on a recon mission, ya might have given him what he wanted, a good look around. Stay safe.

Last edited:
Very disturbing to hear about this, Len. I'm not sure of the security system you use, but it does give me a little peace of mind. Camera's to record anyone coming up the driveway and around the house capture a great deal of activity, sometimes too much when you have critters. It does sound like a scouting situation to me.