Dumb thing!

Rich Coyle

The thread about the 236 grain Hammer reminded me of one of the dumbest things I ever did. I wanted to shoot some plastic milk jugs so went to the plastic recycle place and dropped into the big recycle thing and threw out over a hundred one gallon milk jugs.

Since I've been athletic most of my life I never gave a thought about getting out of the big truck bed. The sides are about six and a half feet high. I'm 5-7 so I had to reach up and could not pull myself out. I piled up some plastic and it kept collapsing and sliding so that was substituting activity for accomplishment. I thought you stupid old man you're going to have to call 911 to get out of here. Finally I went to the end grab the top side Edge and walked up the end got my legs up over the top.

What's your dumb thing?

Lol I'm my early 20's I lived in one of my grandparents farm houses. Nearest neighbors were about a mile away. We raised potatoes and didn't have much going on is the winter so I played. My house only had wood heat so if I was gone for more than one day no heat. Well I had an offer up town and didn't make it home for a couple of days. (That's another stupid story ;) Problem was it got below zero for that time. I came home started a fire to thaw out the toilets ( yes they were frozen solid) then I dicovered most of the pipes had broke. So I went out to shut off the water. My water shutoff was in a hole with 2 5 gallon buckets welded together to keep the hole open. Without thinking I dived head first into those buckets to turn off the water. Then I realized I didn't have the right tool and then realized I was stuck. I don't know how long I was in that thing it felt like a couple of days. I was eventually able to wiggle out of it. I didn't get the water turned off until the next day. It took quite a bit of will power to crawl back down that hole. Even with my cousin there to pull me out.

morning, I used to hunt and catch poisonous snakes sell
them when I was younger. I lost a good friend to a rattler. hopper
that was his last name, was handling the snake and the snakes
fang scratched his index finger. wife took him to poth TX.
hospital, the staff packed his hand in ice, the air flight
from the time he arrived in poth
hospital to SA Tx. was 4hrs.he died 3 days later guanggreen sp. in his right hand.
justme gbot tum

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.