Advice on a bad transaction?

Huntz

This did not happen here.I will not give any names.I paid a lot of money for a pre owned barrel that is not functional because the throat and some kind of free bore looks to have been put in with a jack hammer.The gunsmith I sent it to said it will not shoot,period.I bought this a year ago on another forum.I first was having it installed now because I just obtained a Tikka T3 mag action for it.So am I just SOL or does the seller have any obligation to make this right?Thanks ahead for your comments,Huntz

Seller should step up, will they, that remains to be seen.

Be kind with the inquiry and don't threaten or harass, if they balk, walk away and learn from it. Pressing the issue and harboring anger will not salvage the situation, better to just let it go, you'll be the only one worrying about it.
Good advice.Thanks,Huntz

A year is a long time to expect any seller to stand behind a barrel. Doesn't matter it was never spun on to an action. Did you have any photos of chamber, throat and bore that misrepresents the condition of the barrel? If not, really tough to request any refund. Unfortunately it becomes an expensive lesson learned.

Recent Posts