Best transaction method

I haven't use this service yet but Guntab is an escrow service helps ensure the seller gets the money and the buyer gets the item. Seems like it would be worthwhile on a high priced item.

You risk losing money and getting your account locked if they discover it's a firearms related purchase. You also have no recourse if you get burned since buyers protection won't apply to prohibited items.
PayPal is incredibly anti 2A. They shut down my PayPal and Venmo (Paypal owned) accounts, stole $1300 from me for a F&F transfer due to the notes "Rifle Scope"

The payment was $1300 for a Leupold, PP FF to me. PayPal kept the money and after a year said it was "legal fees" for "firearms related transactions" that violated their T&Cs

I have no recourse. I highly recommend avoiding PayPal and Venmo.

I use Zelle these days for electronic payment transfers. It's built into most banks already, is free, and is almost instantaneous. There is no intermediary holding account.

All joking aside from me.

I mail a personal check and I prefer a personal check, established members get immediate shipping. These electronic payment methods are great if you know exactly who you are dealing with. I don't use PayPal, but I do use Venmo. No cash app, no Zelle and I don't even like tapping my card at the pay kiosk anywhere.

These theives are getting sophisticated, this is happening everywhere, but the degenerates (term of endearment) on SH are great at sniffing out glowies and scammers. They are nothing short of ruthless when they find someone who is less than honest or trying to rip someone off. That place has a metric ton of information and some of the best members when you are looking for information about self defense, self defense weapons, CQB weapons, methods, proper procedures, training and as I call it head on a swivel (situational awareness) daily routines. It's also full of belly splitting hijinks when they out a scammer or glowie.

Just one example given in one post was similar to this

Seller: Oregun

Scammer: 0regun

If you were looking at an post from the first and made a post inquiring about the item or post "I'll take it", the scammer sees this and creates a near clone account and contacts you wanting to make you a deal or gives you payment methods, you pay and the only deal is, you lost your funds. It's actually more intricate than that, but that is the cliff notes version.

There is also a list of online scamming websites that is into the 1000s of websites that are ripping people off daily.

It's hard to be 100% diligent all day every day, because we still have immoral members here who have no problem cheating a fellow member. We have to police our own, in Bill's case, the member was outed and I put them on ignore, no chance of them sucking me into a crappy deal vortex.

If you cheat me or an established member and it's proven you did, I will have no problem pointing my finger at you and calling you out. We have too many members here who have taken one in the keester because they trusted a member with a certain amount of time on board and a certain number of posts. For me, those days are over. We also have too many soft hearted members who chalk it up to lesson learned, that needs to stop as well.

The second issue is, we all have multiple memberships at just about every forum on the internet. If you do, you see the same item for sale at each of these places. I have whittled down my frequented forums by two this week alone and probably by 15-20 in the last year. One is ran and modded by a bunch of douchebags, no loss for me. The second one is filled with a ton of useful information, but you have to wade thru the quagmire that is the same post just phrased differently or instead of XX caliber, it's now about YY caliber. I don't post there, but I sure do wear out the search function, mainly on Google with search parameters strictly for that forum.

It's easy to see a trend or follow a trend set by an established member, their posts have a certain tone, their vernacular is steady and their post often have sage advice or truly offer to help resolve the OPs issue or quandary. Limit yourself to a couple of quality forums and it cuts the research time in half when a member posts an item or offers an item up for sale, because you are already keenly aware of how they phrase their interactions with the fellow forum members.

It's time for every forum to band together and take the fight to these scumbags and prevent them from taking a single cent of anyone's hard earned money on any forum.

I pay to support each of the forums I am a member of, whether it's monthly or yearly, because it's cheap access to information and in the case of SH, information and entertainment. Support your forums, yes they generate revenue from ads and manufacturers, but it still deserves your support for the access to issues and solutions you can use.

Last edited:
This is a great opportunity to remind everyone they should be diligent about keeping their accounts secure.

I recommend the following.
  • Never reuse a password.
  • Use a password manager.
  • Ensure your email is up to date.
  • Use Two-Step authentication on the site (preferably with the password manager in case you change emails or phones)

I would be wary of using a USPS order for transactions, as there is no tracking method.

Recent Posts