When do we stop chasing the lands

Ditto on the Precision Rifle Blog. It's a long and somewhat difficult read as it's covered in 4 articles and is very technical at times. Well worth reading thru because the conclusions are based on years of testing by several knowledgeable practitioners,... not hearsay, tradition or "in my experience".

Ditto on the Precision Rifle Blog. It's a long and somewhat difficult read as it's covered in 4 articles and is very technical at times. Well worth reading thru because the conclusions are based on years of testing by several knowledgeable practitioners,... not hearsay, tradition or "in my experience".
It's up to 6 parts now :)

But SUPER informative and (unfortunately for most) will fly in the face of most of what we (thought we) knew.

I will summarize it. START your jump at .050 and you will likely never have to touch it for the life of the barrel.

A big generalization, but not wrong.

You won't be upset you read it. Or maybe you will :)

chad

How about when you go a tad long & have a bullet stuck in the bore when you unload? At that point, you went a bit to far.

If a more consistent node can be found at a shorter COAL, that would certainly help some with mag length problems.

Just finished dialing in my 28 Nosler so I think I'll leave it be but I have 3-300 wins and a 6,5x284 that need load development for, I think I would be interested in trying this method on.

You should really read this latest research article on PRB. It was quite awakening for me.

Chad
I've found various ELD M bullets to shoot well for me @ .047 off the lands: 88 eldm, 147 eldm & 180 eldm. This would correspond somewhat to findings in this write up. Thanks for posting this.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.