Where do the $ stop ?

I know exactly what you are talking about with age and injuries. Spend you money on a Gym membership, physio treatments for the injuries and get yourself into the best physical shape possible. That will do far more for your shooting and hunting enjoyment than better reloading equipment.
Already done that. Our DVA pays for it. Great idea.

Last edited:
I'm 72 had two heart attacks at 53, and........ those two babies changed my outlook on life completely!! I had a lifeless marriage and got divorced after 23 years, got out of a job that was killing me and changed my lifestyle/outlook and appreciation for life completely. I've got thirty-years of law enforcement behind me, I can tell you that they certainly took their tole on my body. I cannot walk like I used to or get around as well as I used to, don't focus on what I cannot do, but what I can do!! One of my favorite pass times is shooting and reloading. This forum got me in to precision reloading. If you can afford the high quality equipment then by all means buy the best. Just bought a new RCBS Supreme press and did spend around $350 for a set of dies though. I could not afford the best of equipment for measuring ogive dimensions and bump dimensions, bought the less expensive one as I only use them infrequently. In my opinion reloading is a process where one does not ever really stop spending money, but.....as someone posted on there, "You cannot take it with you!"

Amen brother!

Load more and shoot more. That will give you more than anything you can do at the reloading bench. When you get to where you can out shoot your gun or ammo, then start updating it. Buying equipment is like buying components. A Never Ending Story.
There is always going to be a better Die or a better powder or bullet or something new and improved. If long range is what you are looking for, take one of the long range classes. But most importantly keep shooting and practicing.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts