What's this ?

if they don't fix it, my new rifle brands that I would choose to purchase would not include berreta or any sub companies they own almost like they have a "as is no warranty"like its a used car company what a joke...

if they don't fix it, my new rifle brands that I would choose to purchase would not include berreta or any sub companies they own almost like they have a "as is no warranty"like its a used car company what a joke...
That's why I buy cheap & used Remington 700's...I never expect too much, and usually never even shoot them in stock form, and immediately drop them off at the gunsmith. That way, I'm never disappointed with my new rifle, and I could give 2 craps about a factory "warranty". :D

one thing is for sure if you had a defective Remington they would fix it or at least look at it.
That is true. Remington has always been an excellent company to deal with, even in my experiences. They're not too proud to say, "our crap doesn't stink, so it's impossible we made an inferior weapon out of the thousands we produce everyday..."

Apparantly Tikka (Beretta) is... That bums me out, too, because I've always loved Beretta shotguns.

Ok. i have called and talked to 2 different people from Beretta USA today. What they are telling me now is that all i can do is ship them the rifle and they will look at it. But if they find anything wrong it will be at my cost for them to fix it since the gun only has a 2 yr warrenty. Oh also as a side note if you shoot reloaded ammo there is no warenty at all from what they said.

Ok. i have called and talked to 2 different people from Beretta USA today. What they are telling me now is that all i can do is ship them the rifle and they will look at it. But if they find anything wrong it will be at my cost for them to fix it since the gun only has a 2 yr warrenty. Oh also as a side note if you shoot reloaded ammo there is no warenty at all from what they said.
They must not be aware that some factory loads are hotter than alot of reloads...

Sounds like some BS run-around to me. Good luck in your endeavor.

what a perfect disclaimer they know at least 80% of there customers shoot relaoded ammo if it was me I would send the rifle back with a note saying "you can keep your junk I just bought a Remington"

what a perfect disclaimer they know at least 80% of there customers shoot relaoded ammo if it was me I would send the rifle back with a note saying "you can keep your junk I just bought a Remington"
We've had issues with remmy's around here too. As Muddy says, don't expect the world. I have had around 40 rifles to land on the 11 I have now. I only have one with more than minor custom touches.
As to reloads, if you read the fine print most companies won't pay for warranty work to a rifle that has shot reloaded ammo of it is an issue that the ammo could have created. I had a run- around with Remington some years back on a 7rum that had split two sizing dies like cord wood because the chamber was to fat. Since it shot factory ammo and those would resize without blowing the die they wouldn't touch the rifle. Needless to say, the rifle wasn't mine much longer.

So I took out my tikka and a buddy's tikka today both are the same gun T3 light I shot 3 rounds out of each to see if his tikka would give similar markings on the brass his tikka left similar markings on the brass but not as pronounced as mine but you can still see it. the 3 on the left are out of his rifle. Mine is going into the smith tomarrow for him to take a look

Looks similar

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    129.2 KB · Views: 45
wonder if his will resize in your die without getting stuck they don't look as bad as other pics you posted regardless you will know when your smith looks at it

Took it to the smith today. He checked a few things the head space, it was perfect. He said the chamber was on the big end. He also looked at the brass and said not to be alarmed and has seen this in a lot of factory magnums.

that's good. I think.. But your not going to full length resize.just neck size your brass and just use it for that rifle. Good luck

That second picture isn't a big deal at all. I've had lots of factory chambers expand the brass at the case head like that. Pretty standard amongst all factory chambers, from my experience. I think they cut them generous like that to help aid in expansion for people who shoot factory loads. The more the brass expands, the lesser the chamber pressures will be. But sometimes that brass can expand so far it cracks and blows out. However, most people don't reload, so if you're shooting new factory ammo in a generous chamber, you're never gonna notice it. If you reload, you'll definitely notice it when you go to FL size your brass. My suggestion if you have a generous factory chamber (like you do), is what Gohring suggested, and simply shoot them, then neck-size your brass so you don't work-harden your brass and cause premature wear and cracking near the case head.

I don't have to worry much about that with my custom rifles, as my smith custom orders his reamers to his specs, so the brass barely expands, but will still reliably extract. It really helps to save on brass life, but chamber pressures can be a bit high sometimes without that extra expansion room.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.