Whats the worse rifle or gun you ever bought ? I hsve several tied

What it one of the "shallow rifled" ones? We had a 22 mag that was un rifled.... Henry eventually made it right but it took a while and was a bit of shock to see little to no rifling.
I have no idea... a rifle with no rifling? that would make that a class III gun and would have been quite valuable had you left it alone.. There is paperwork that you can do to register it..

Knight Revolution Muzzleloader, Knight is normally on their game with the MZ but this attempt was a flop. Kinda rolling block design to load the primers. Great trigger and accurate when it actually went off which was a 50/50 guess. Firing pin would hang sent it back twice with no luck. The third time I sent it back they returned to me a new stainless disc elite which was their flagship model at that time.

Had an 870 Express 3 1/2 inch gun in real tree camo. It would rust at the thought of humidity and was picky about ammo. Some brands it wouldn't eject and others it wouldn't feed; thus defeating the whole purpose of a pump shotgun.

A $3600 Christensen AR10 in .308. First time I fired it, the cases came out nearly straight wall. The rifle didn't pass a no-go gauge. It went back twice to Christensen before the replaced the rifle entirely. The second one was fantastic, and I used the heck out of it, but that first one was a serious lemon
The man who repairs their machining equipment told me that the owner is a cheap skate and lets the stuff get way out of spec and doesn't want to pay too fix it properly.

A Beretta 696 AND a Beretta Silver Pigeon. Both of them wouldn't hit anywhere close to the point of aim. The Silver Pigeon's lower barrel would hit 4" low at 13 yards, and the upper barrel hit 3" left. Do the math for how that would look at 40 yards. And that was the "good" one of the two. Beretta customer service said it was within specs. I won't own another of their shotguns. Got rid of them and decided I would pay a little more money for a shotgun where the company guarantees its barrel regulation.

I have no idea... a rifle with no rifling? that would make that a class III gun and would have been quite valuable had you left it alone.. There is paperwork that you can do to register it..

No class three for a random smooth bore 22 mag. Maybe an unintended garden gun, but nothing interesting. Think they had a batch of bad barrels that somehow missed in assembly, best way to describe it was the barrel was rifled with picture of rifling.

The man who repairs their machining equipment told me that the owner is a cheap skate and lets the stuff get way out of spec and doesn't want to pay too fix it properly.
Hmmm……Very interesting!

Man I have a couple of them, unfortuately both Winchesters. I bought a .458 for an African trip. The Winchester distributor was a friend of mine so he let me go through and cherry pick from his inventory for a nice peice of wood. I zeroed the gun with the open sights and mounted the scope. Could not get a zero so I took it to the shop and started checking things over. Turns out the barrel (or receiver) threads were very crooked and the barrel diverged from center line on a noticeable angle. You could see it if you looked hard. I was working for another gun company at the time and knew the Winchester rep. He got it replaced for me but the one I got had the scope base holes drilled about 2 degrees off center. What a mess. Winchester was being purchased by FN at that time and it almost looked like the Winchester guys were ****ed because they were being bought and were sabotaging guns. I finally went out and found a good used, older vintage rifle. Winchester did replace the rifle but it took them almost 2 years to get me a new rifle. The replacement was marked "Made by BAC (Browning Arms Company) Morgan , Utah". It is a very nice rifle with many improvements over the old Winchester made rifle. I now have two .458's. I'm all set if the circus ever comes to town and something big gets loose.

Bad luck with 2 Win M70's - bad chambers, like split necks after 1 X fired (rifle 1) & tool marks on brass (rifle 2). Possibly Winchester chambered these using a drill press.

Rem 700, riveted finger nail extractor quit after 1 year with easy to extract loads. Stupid design.

Kimber M84 firing pin would not hit primer with enough force to fire & when spring tension was increased firing pin would not touch primer. Fixed with 2 washers over pin & ground down to fit under spring. Bolt operation was rough, no bolt opening camming at bolt handle root. Pencil like barrel that was replaced. Dislike for this rifle grew & grew & a great feeling of relief when it was gone. Another stupid design. Unable to buy longer firing pin spring.

I gifted the Winchesters & Kimber & might get a replacement bolt for the Rem 700 with a M16 type extractor. I have 60 year old Mausers and some newer Ruger M77 MKII that never fail.

Last edited:
Ruger Mini14. Absolute trash. I actually bought this gun twice, thinking the first was a dud.

Nope. Trash. 6" groups on the best days.
I saved this some time in the past, makes me laugh

Attachments

• mini14.JPG
    mini14.JPG
    36.5 KB · Views: 193
Would not be a class 3 unless the barrel was under 18 inches. There were several companies, that up until a few years ago made smooth bore .22s. They were used for hunting butterflys. ;)

What it one of the "shallow rifled" ones? We had a 22 mag that was un rifled.... Henry eventually made it right but it took a while and was a bit of shock to see little to no rifling.
Henry sells smoothbore 22s for shot, so that one doesn't surprise me as much as the Fierce story