What's going on at LRH !!?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: What\'s going on at LRH !!?!?!

I came onto this topic a little late as I starting reading the 338 Thunder post at its later stages and really am only concerned with that instance as this is what I feel got Ric booted.

I was not offended by GGs or Rics comments or banter between each other. It does get old when a personal dislike clouds the comments and posts of two very experience long range shooters and hunters because they loose the objectiveness that they both obviously need to have to be successful in what they are doing.

I have enjoyed conversing with Ric and GG for quite some time now. Ric is a very forward poster but offers good advice. GG is also very good at offering solid advice at at times just as forward as Ric in what I have read of their posts.

We all have been called to the carpet on topics and while it may appear to be a poke at out experience or decision making we all have a right to question someones data if we feel it is incorrect from actual real world experience.

That said, I did not have a problem with that went on concerning that specific topic line. What suprised me was how aggressive Ric's reply to Dave was when Dave asked that this be handled and finished NOW. It never did for Ric and he kept pushing the line.

Fair or not we are here at the will of the moderators and its their job to keep the peace and prevent LRH from becoming like every other hunting chat room on the web which are nothing but ****ing matches because everyone has the only correct way to do something.

To the comment that two people can not help but respond to each other, thats a joke. You can respond to direct questions posted by other members without every replying directly to the third party.

If one of the two members that are arguing makes a post, LEAVE IT ALONE!!! Its not hard to do!!!

Was what happened fair? I am not to say, Should GG be booted to, from what I saw in that specific topic, No, in my opinion.

Would Ric have been dropped if he had said, "Fine, do what you want GG and see for yourself if your theory works out, I'm done trying to tell you what I think of the idea!"

NO, he would still be here.

Again, I am not taking sides with this at all, I enjoy GG's posts as well as Rics, but I do feel in this specific case it was on Ric to pull back and let this dog sleep and he did not do that, even after he was asked repeatedly to do that exact thing.

It is to bad as Ric offered alot of information to the board but the moderators are the ones that make the play ground rules. You want to play you do what they say. You cross the line, or push it even, expect something to come from that.

Why not let this drop before it causes more trouble then its worth and more members get booted.

Maybe we need to be a little less edgy when what we post is questioned, myself included. We also need to think about how we question another members posting.

And finally, when we do question or offer opinions, do it and let it go. If someone does not want to heed our advice or believe out experience, then by all means let them find out for themselves. Offer your advice and be finished with it.

I include myself in the recommendation as well so I am not preaching to the members any more then I am thinking out loud!!!

Just my opinion on the matter, take for what its worth, I'm going hunting!!

Kirby Allen(50)

you people are acting like a bunch of kids. Ric didn't do anything but point out the obvious.

If you really need to kick someone off...I say kick them both for a month.

Kirby

Did I miss something. I dont recall Dave telling Ric to let it die...then he kept on??

I'm sure I missed it someplace.

GG...What I dont understand is Ric was making a point. A good one I thought, nevertheless it was his opinion. He got booted. You told a member that if he didn't like something get out! So...Is the fact that you put the smile face after it make it OK???

Mods...Give em both a cooling off period and be done with it. Whats good for one is good for the other.

Good comments on the copermelt! Even dug on me once but hey...It rolled off my back. Not much I can do being 1600 miles away! Verbally beat you up but what fun is that!

GG...Let the mods know it was harmless and be done with it! That simple. Step up to the plate and admit you lured him in so to speak!

Joe

[ QUOTE ]
You told a member that if he didn't like something get out!

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't tell him to get out, I merely stated anyone is free to come and go as they please. Everyone has their agency to do so.

As far as I'm concerned, this thread is over. I will not be posting back on it anymore because it is clear that it is a bait session.

Everyone have a good day. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

This will be my last comment on the matter and this Topic/Thread will then be closed.

1) Ric was warned by me in the past in very clear terms.

2) Some of Ric's most egregious recent posts which got him into trouble (again) were edited by him and unless you read all these posts before he trimmed them you have no idea what you are talking about.

3) Each of the previously terminated members were good contributors...with big egos. Some were much better contributors than Ric...who was good and valued for his contributions but not for his occasional attitude problem.

This forum can thrive without any particular member's contribution but if you have been around the internet for a while you all know of forums that have shriveled because of member strife. This forum is known to be different than others in that regard.

Status
Not open for further replies.