What’s Going On At LRH??

I love in depth discussions, but I too have noticed a lot less of that lately.
I post in the classifieds and in the discussion threads.
I miss the technical discussions.
Now it seems that info is all across the web and Facebook, so when a interesting topic comes up, we see more google answers, rather than actual experience. I don't know if we will ever get back to that.

I love in depth discussions, but I too have noticed a lot less of that lately.
I post in the classifieds and in the discussion threads.
I miss the technical discussions.
Now it seems that info is all across the web and Facebook, so when a interesting topic comes up, we see more google answers, rather than actual experience. I don't know if we will ever get back to that.

Well whens the last time someone asked for you directions to your house? And maybe ask how you deal with that lousey road every day.
We have become so tech oriented there is no need to discuss things and ask questions, just go do it.
If it don't work its only because you lag behind a few models on the latest whatever.
Besides, it's not cool to ask. lol

I haven't been a member here for very long, but I've noticed it goes in streaks. Sometimes all the new posts are stuff for sale and sometimes it's technical discussions and content. I don't contribute a lot to the technical discussions a lot, but it's only because I'm not very experienced in long range and I can learn a lot more by reading instead of commenting.

I haven't been a member here for very long, but I've noticed it goes in streaks. Sometimes all the new posts are stuff for sale and sometimes it's technical discussions and content. I don't contribute a lot to the technical discussions a lot, but it's only because I'm not very experienced in long range and I can learn a lot more by reading instead of commenting.

This right here. I am new as well and spend most of my time reading. There are 10s of thousands of threads with hundreds of thousands of replys. The first one, Long Range Hunting and Shooting, has 786 pages of threads dating back to 2001! As of right now, the whole classified section is just around 1000 threads, not counting expired and feedback. Thats cool to me, history, Death of the 30, rise of the sub calibers, carlock working the 338 edge out, r17 workups, now r16, its all here even though it might not be brand new today. Ya cant know where you are going unless you know where youve been...see where im coming from :D
CWF

When I joined LRH it was at the urge of a few friends who were members in here. Admittedly, I had been too intimidated to join because unles you were going to engage, membership wasn't needed and I didn't really think I had much to offer. I finally broke down and did it. Since joining, I have sold items, but I've also engaged in many threads because I felt like I had worthy input. I'm glad I did. It has led me to some great great conversations and a few real world pals.
Bottom line, some are here to discuss the lifestyle, others are here to sell. Either way, they're here!

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts