What'll you be carrying for spring bear?

as per normal for this time of year there will be a few out especially in a couple parts of the state. I have no doubt this year will be like others in that for the most part we're about a month early at this time. But, come May 13th watch the woods come alive:)

as per normal for this time of year there will be a few out especially in a couple parts of the state. I have no doubt this year will be like others in that for the most part we're about a month early at this time. But, come May 13th watch the woods come alive:)
Agreed !!
Now I have to look at the date I shot my last Spring Bruin !

Ok I just found it ..May 26th 2019 was my last Montana Spring Bear!

Rum Man

Attachments

• 20190526_194533.jpg
    20190526_194533.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 62
Last edited:
browning x bolt 6.5cm 24 inch bbl 143 eld x @2785fps topped with a metopa 6x42 &
pair of lieca 10x42 binos & a revec br4 range finder and my krestel
from gophers to elk and everthing in between its worked well for the last 10 yrs i see no reason to change it

Marlin 45-70 w/ 325gr FTX for hunting over bait. If I get a wild hair and decide to go spot stock for a day or two, tikka 300 wsm w/ 200 gr ELDX

May 13th is about the date the leaves open up in the interior if I remember right

The 270s worked so well last year, I think I'll try the 6.5 CM this year.
what my wife and i used for the last 10 yrs and its done the job just fine , haven't lost a bruin yet and have never needed a second shot, and we have made kills from 40 yards to 300 yards on bruins using the 143 eld x & the 130 grain federal terminal accent

For our bear hunt over bait, my brother in law will be carrying a 6.5 Creedmoor and a 45-70 henry golden boy. I am going to load him with 156 Vulcans, to leave no chance even if we see a 500lb monster. Ha ha.

I too will take a 35 whelen and a marlin 45-70.
We will be employing the alternating rifle techniques. So we will alternate our rifles each day. Whatever we use, I think it'll be enough gun.

Recent Posts