What'll you be carrying for spring bear?

1965 Remington 600, .350 Remington Magnum, 250 grain partition over 53 grains of RL15, Leupold VX-II 1-4X24.

Attachments

• Resized_Manitoba_bear_hunt_020_131845195642567.jpeg
    Resized_Manitoba_bear_hunt_020_131845195642567.jpeg
    311.9 KB · Views: 52
If I get to go a few times this Spring ...it will be my Buddy's Custom Remington , 30" barreled 375 Rum !
Seems to like the 329 hr hammers & a full load of Re-26 @ 3000 ft.per.sec. should do the trick on a Montana Spring Bear!

Rum Man

If I get out black bear hunting before the female mortality closes the area it will be with a Weatherby Vanguard in .338 Win Mag. It is the only rifle in the safe that has not killed an animal. If I miss bear season, I have to take it prairie dog hunting.

I've been around a lot of bruins taken via spot n stalk with Swifts and 22/250's. I have zero qualms against using them!

One shot behind the front and they're melba toast!

I have a Kimber Montana with a 23" Lilja barrel 8 twist in 22/250 Ack that I'll be toting. It loves the 85.5 Berg, 62 TTSX and the 70 Hammer.

You'll be fine and then some, just direct the bullet to the right locale:)

I will be carrying a Mauser 98 in 9.3 x 62 this spring I installed the barrel last week I really like how the 19.5 inch barrel handles.

I am headed to nortern Sask the last week in May for a baited hunt. I think any bear that I decide to pull the trigger on will be impressed with the gun.

wade

Wade, I like your style. For me, not spring , but fall bear hunting in the north woods of Maine. Going to bring my just rebored 20" Interarms Mark X in 35 whelen.

Wade, I like your style. For me, not spring , but fall bear hunting in the north woods of Maine. Going to bring my just rebored 20" Interarms Mark X in 35 whelen.

35 Whelen, 225gr Barnes TSX, 235lb bear, 50-60 yards, center mass entry, exit behind left shoulder, bear dropped in its tracks. I've posted this photo in a couple of threads, maybe even this one in a previous reply. I plan on trying the 223gr Shock Hammers in the Whelen this year. I was going to try them last year, however did not get them in enough time to get some range time in with them in the rifle. Gonna be interesting!! The Whelen is a tough one to beat; however.....the 45-70 does a really good job as well. The the through-and-through from the 45-70 does not need a lot of work to track if the bear does in fact go anywhere.

Attachments

• Bear1 2018.JPG
    Bear1 2018.JPG
    128.4 KB · Views: 38
35 Whelen, 225gr Barnes TSX, 235lb bear, 50-60 yards, center mass entry, exit behind left shoulder, bear dropped in its tracks. I've posted this photo in a couple of threads, maybe even this one in a previous reply. I plan on trying the 223gr Shock Hammers in the Whelen this year. I was going to try them last year, however did not get them in enough time to get some range time in with them in the rifle. Gonna be interesting!! The Whelen is a tough one to beat; however.....the 45-70 does a really good job as well. The the through-and-through from the 45-70 does not need a lot of work to track if the bear does in fact go anywhere.
How did you know?

I plan on loading 225 tsx. And bringing the 45-70 GSBL just because.

375 Weatherby. Built a long time ago on a Interarms Mk. 10 action, McGowen Barrel and Bell and Carlson stock. Leupold VX-5 2x10

It really likes 300gr Hornady's that have now been discontinued....
375 Weatherby.jpg