What would you do with NIB .22-250 Rem.

I have a NIB Remington 700 ADL in .22-250 Rem. made in the early 90's. Looking for some ideas on what to do with this rifle.

Simplest option is to send it this way for my daughter to use on coyotes. That will leave my daughter very happy & you with one less thing to stress out over. Problem solved!

If such charity isn't in your future (Remember it's still the Christmas season!), then I second the recommendation that you sell it & buy something built for magnum cartridges.

It is not a long range deer slayer - it is a Groundhog rifle. It has a 14" twist and the heaviest bullet it will shoot is ~55 grains.
Go back and read post #5 where he says to rebarrel it with an 8 twist (you have to expand the quote - its bolded) which would stabilize the heavy high bc bullets. That is what I was responding to.

Basically you have a donor frame/receiver. The .473 boldface will accommodate MANY choices.
225 Winchester
22/250 Remington
6mm Norma BR
243 Winchester
250 Savage
25-284
260 Remington
6.5/284 Norma
7/08 Remington
284 Winchester
300 Savage
308 Winchester
338 Federal
35 Remington
358 Winchester

6 & 6.5 Creedmoor
6.5 Lapua
6XC

I have a NIB Remington 700 ADL in .22-250 Rem. made in the early 90's. Looking for some ideas on what to do with this rifle. I'd like to end up with a modern long range hunting rifle capable of killing steel out to 1 mile and deer & elk to 500 - 800 yards. I'm intrigued the by the 6.5 PRC, 28 Nosler and .300 PRC

Some say:
- Shoot it (I'm not interested in this caliber)
- Sell it and buy something else (What's it worth?)
- Build it (What are my cartridge options?)
- Sell it and buy something else to build
- Pass it down (I have lots of other stuff to pass down)

Just looking for some thoughts, thanks.
Keep it! One of the best calibers to teach and learn long range shooting: low recoil, plenty of high BC bullets available, and cheap ammo. Consider tuning the action and trigger; re-barrel to 1X7 or 1X8 twist. Learn to shoot prone & bench, use of ballistic calculators, variations in optics and when done with that; later, choose a caliber & rifle to hunt elk and moose at 800 yds. This web will give you lots of good info regarding your choice of long range hunting rifles, Great second rifle to keep in safe for the teaching of others(children and such), hunting small game, and will be adequate for most deer and antelope. Always fun to shoot. Again, my advise, keep it.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.