Custom Tikka Options? What would you do?

simpy16

I am thinking about getting a .270 Tikka Superlight. I know that I will be putting a limbsaver pad on it as well as have a muzzle brake on the barrel. I was also thinking about a timney trigger or jewell? Does anybody know what model of the Jewell I would need? I also plan to get Talley rings as well.

If you could do anything else you wanted to the rifle what would you do? new stock, what kinda and brand?

I am looking to build a lightweight mountain rifle so I don't want to add a lot of weight but what would make this a first rate rifle?

I have absolutely no idea how any of this works and have never had any work done on one of my rifle before.

Are you concerned about the recoil? The reason I ask is that the 270 is not a recoil heavy cartridge. By dropping the break, you will save weight.

As far as stock is concerned, the Tikka stock is already lightweight. I weighed mine and it comes in at the same as most lightweight aftermarket stocks. Unless you want a different style of stock, or your gun doesn't pattern well, I would keep the stock. Yes, it looks cheap, but my T3 shoots very well out of the box.

The Talley low's worked for my Zeiss with 44mm obj.

Can't help you with the trigger. It's adjustable so I just adjusted it until I liked it.
Another site to check out is tikkashooters for tips

I shoot a tikka t3 left handed in 270 wsm. mine has very little recoil I think. at the range off a bench I can easly shoot forty rounds or so. there is a company that has laminated stocks for the tikka but they are 2.3 pounds.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.