What to do with older 22-250

I have a Remington 700 22-250 that was purchased in 2003. This is one of Remington's many mass production rifles that are so so. Sometimes they group and sometimes they don't type of rifle. The barrel on this rifle is shot out and doesn't group anymore. Here is my question for you all. I cant decide if its worth it to have the action blueprinted and rebarreled in a different caliber like .243 or 6 creed or just start over and get what I can out of it from a pawn shop? Would you just sell it or what caliber would you choose if you rebarreled it? Thanks for your input

I think X-caliber barrels has a 20 % off prefit barrels going today. I would likely grab one of their barrels with that 20% off and rebarrel that beast. Cartridge is up to you and what you want to do with it.

I have a Remington 700 22-250 that was purchased in 2003. This is one of Remington's many mass production rifles that are so so. Sometimes they group and sometimes they don't type of rifle. The barrel on this rifle is shot out and doesn't group anymore. Here is my question for you all. I cant decide if its worth it to have the action blueprinted and rebarreled in a different caliber like .243 or 6 creed or just start over and get what I can out of it from a pawn shop? Would you just sell it or what caliber would you choose if you rebarreled it? Thanks for your input
I would have it blue printed and rebarelled to what caliber you would like in a short action. You have many many choices. Do some research and try PAC Nor in Oregon.

Same bolt head size, perfect for a remington short action, 6BR Remington , 6BR Norma, 6mm Dasher, all great super economical powder wise, case life and bullets, long barrel life, made for handloaders

I am a big fan of the 22-250 Remington, I bought a Reminton 788 in 22-250 in 1975 for $70 and still have it a several others, it has taken a number of whitetails and coyotes. In your case I would install a Schneider 1x7 twist barrel chambered in 22-250 Rem or 22-250 AI or any other number of good short action rounds, 243 Win or 243 AI with 1x7.5 twist or 250 AI with 1x8 twist. I think you would also be fine selling it and going custom action, barrel, stock and trigger would give you a lot of flexibility depending on your budget. Good luck and keep us posted on your decision.

Around that time period and especially on 55-xxxxx actions hardening of bolt lands can be an issue if more than a 0.001 inches or so is taken off to true the lands. Just be careful and be sure you have knowledgeable gun smith doing the work.

If you choose to blue print the action and re-barrel be sure you have a knowable gun smith do the work, as around that time frame and especially with 55-XXXXX actions hardening of the bolt lugs in the receiver can be an issue if more than a 0.001 of an inch or so is taken off of the lugs to true them. Same can be true for the bolt. Just be careful.

Had the same scenario several years ago with a model 70. Rebarreled and chambered it to a 22-250 imp. Would go the same route again only might consider the Swift just so wouldn't have to fire form brass. Which is really no big deal but just another option.

I'm your neighbor if you are interested in selling it.

Everyone has offered their opinions on what they would do.
Question is... What do you want to shoot with it? What did you do with it before it got to be Worn Out? If you liked that 22-250 caliber. Then just put a new barrel on it in same 22-250 and carry on.
If you want a new caliber then take one of these options suggested by others.Its your choice

I'd be interested in buying it.

Hello,
I have seen a couple of comments here that mirror my opinion exactly. Rebuild the rifle in 22-250. It has served you well I would assume, you should have all of your brass saved up so as the old saying goes, "Why attempt to reinvent the wheel". That being said if the 22-250 is not a rifle you use much and would get better use out of a .243 etc then switch it up. At the end of the day you have one of the best production actions around, blueprint it and keep it in the stable whatever caliber you choose when you re-barrel.
Best of luck.