What to do???

I personally would upgrade glass or the stock. Did this one a few times now. A new stock that "you pick out or design" really gives your rifle "your" look.

The rifle/action are good shooting for now. As you put more rounds through the barrel with that caliber you are going to need a new barrel for it eventually. When Mama gives you the go ahead again, true it up and put a new one on. Over the next few years you have your upgrade to one you really want. She's shooting now, don't change that until your barrel goes south...

Concur with above about the VX3. Sent it off an older Vari-X 3 for turrets and it was worth the money. You can pick up one of those used for a good deal if you look. It isn't a Nightforce, but mine tracks true for the range of that rifle and bullets it gets fed. If you are looking to push the limits of the RUM, you may want the pricey glass now or later...FWIW

Shane

Thanks for all the help. Still in the middle. When I get home I am going to lay everything out as far as hunting gear and see what really needs an upgrade and what would be fun to upgrade.
As far as the rum I have two really good scopes I could put on it but then I would be in the same boat with those guns. I have done my own trigger work on the rum and it is pretty light. I have never measured it but if timmey and jewel triggers are nicer and lighter I would love to try them out but I am not sure if I would want it any lighter than what it is. Maybe I just have never felt a great trigger.
I think I need to really get out and start shooting between 400-600 yards with the rum as it is set up now and see what happens.
This all started because I drew a once in a lifetime tag for deer and want to make the very best of it. I won't get the tag again
Thanks again

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts