What to do with leftover powder

Mix it with your next keg, or use it as fertilizer if you decide you never want to use that brand/specification again.

500 grains is a lot. I could load another 250 rounds with that and then pour the left overs into a new keg. Or use them as fouler rounds.

MMmmm………………
That must be some small cartridge are you loading for!

Even a .22 Hornet uses around 10 grains of powder so would only make 50 rounds!

I recently went to all 8 pound kegs. I hate 1 pounders because it's not long before you are faced with this issue. I load it until I can't make another round so usually less than 40 grains. I take that 40 and I dump it in the grass.

I'm curious, say you have loaded 50 rounds of ammo to take to the range. The keg you loaded them from has about 500 grains left. You have a new keg from the same lot and of course the same type of powder. Is it OK to pour the remainder into the new keg so it doesn't go to waste. The reason I'm asking is i have a lot of 1# kegs with small amounts that have the same lot number and don't really know what to do with it. Just can't bring myself to throw it away.
I combine a small amount into a full amount - mix thoroughly and reduce load a few %. BUT, I don't recommend anybody else do this.

I mix it all, never throw any away. Has not ever been a problem, no reduced loads. Its all good, just my view.

I'm curious, say you have loaded 50 rounds of ammo to take to the range. The keg you loaded them from has about 500 grains left. You have a new keg from the same lot and of course the same type of powder. Is it OK to pour the remainder into the new keg so it doesn't go to waste. The reason I'm asking is i have a lot of 1# kegs with small amounts that have the same lot number and don't really know what to do with it. Just can't bring myself to throw it away.
It's ok to combine like powders with other containers of the same lot as long as the powders have not deteriorated. If your experience is that 2 different lot numbers have a 2 grain difference at your maximum load, then I'd experiment with different weight ratios starting at 50:50. The good thing is that you won't get any hotter than the hottest lot.

Too bad the manufacturers don't have a place where you can look up data for each lot and how the "hotness" of each lot compares with the "hotness" of their standard. Say for example lot 123ABC is 101% of the standard while lot 234DEF is 98.5% of standard. Keep in mind all cannister powders have to be uniform within narrow limits in order for the load data to be safe and trustworthy.

It's ok to combine like powders with other containers of the same lot as long as the powders have not deteriorated. If your experience is that 2 different lot numbers have a 2 grain difference at your maximum load, then I'd experiment with different weight ratios starting at 50:50. The good thing is that you won't get any hotter than the hottest lot.

Too bad the manufacturers don't have a place where you can look up data for each lot and how the "hotness" of each lot compares with the "hotness" of their standard. Say for example lot 123ABC is 101% of the standard while lot 234DEF is 98.5% of standard. Keep in mind all cannister powders have to be uniform within narrow limits in order for the load data to be safe and trustworthy.
If it don't mixed with the same powder I put it out on the lawn. Turns grass green so far.